Deselect individual files bug

Feature requests for the Mac OS X version of Transmission
kamiboy

Deselect individual files bug

Post by kamiboy »

Currently, and for many versions, there has been an annoying bug in Transmission for OSX. When downloading torrents that contain many files, and deselecting some or most of the files transmission often ignores that request and downloads a few percent of the file, just enough to allocate the full size of the deselected file. This is really annoying for people who are deselecting files due to limited free space, because it means no matter how careful one is the transmission is stopped because of the unwanted allocations.

Also, let me throw in my vote for being able to deselect/delete already completed files in a multipart torrent, such as a multi season series. The current solution of quitting transmission, manually deleting the files then waiting x amount of minutes for the program to reindex is not only inefficient, but also really annoying.

Otherwise gewd work!
livings124
Transmission Developer

Re: Deselect individual files bug

Post by livings124 »

ikonoklast

Post by ikonoklast »

Hello, I've also had this problem several times, and it's really annoying since sometimes it takes up several Gigs of unwanted files.
I see that you're already working on it, so basically I was just wondering if there's been any progress towards fixing what I consider the only flaw in this otherwise excellent program.
Have a good night!
livings124
Transmission Developer

Post by livings124 »

Nope, there's been no work on this issue currently.
mixiekins

Post by mixiekins »

Hi, there.
I'm not sure if this is helpful at all, but I just wanted to report that this bug is also seen when running Transmission in Linux. I apologize if this has already been reported elsewhere; I've been searching for only a few minuets now to see if it was just an issue with my install alone, and figured I might as well report it in case nobody else has. (Fat chance, but who knows.)

Thanks so much for all of the awesome work on this program to date! Transmission is wonderfully solid and beautifully simple. :)