Inspector 'Keep in front' made as an option

Feature requests for the Mac OS X version of Transmission
KJC

Inspector 'Keep in front' made as an option

Post by KJC »

Personally, I like having the inspector window open all the time, so i can see what is going on, however it can be a nonsense. As an attribute of the program, the inspector is set to be in-front of any Transmission window that you may have to open. Such as, the Pref screen, a new torrent window and the main window, which is sucky because when these windows come up, one would often want to see these without having to move the Inspector to view them.

I'm no programmer, or i would be able to assist in the development of a solution for this. A solution that would be great to see is to make the Inspector a sliding panel coming from the main window.

Thanks for hearing me out and the opportunity to contribute, even if it is not in a practical manner.
bollywood

Re: Inspector 'Keep in front' made as an option

Post by bollywood »

I agree. not about the sliding panel though.... It is annoying having to click on Transmission all the time, to bring the inspector up. I like to be able to see whats happening at a glance, but cannot currently do this.

thanks.
handen

Re: Inspector 'Keep in front' made as an option

Post by handen »

Bumping this instead of starting new thread... This is my only gripe about Transmission, otherwise it's perfect. Say I'm downloading a torrent which contains 50 some-odd files, and I only want 30 of those files so I select those 30 and let the torrent finish. However, when it tells me it's 'complete', I click 'show in finder' and there are 40 files in the folder. Hmm... But I only selected 30?? What's more is that sometimes these ~1% downloaded un-checked files will have a filesize in Finder equal to 100% of what they would be if they had completed fully. Thus, to free up disk space, I have to go through manually and delete the partial files that OSX thinks are actually there and full size, and this process could be made a whole lot easier if inspector would stay visible.

Alternately, if there were an option to auto-delete the incomplete files or files that aren't 'checked' in inspector but show up as downloaded in finder as a result of neighbour chunk downloading, that would be AWESOME! Cheers!

:mrgreen: