Filter by location

Feature requests for the Mac OS X version of Transmission
rafik

Filter by location

Post by rafik »

I store long-term seeds on an external hard drive and download everything initially to a folder on my internal hard drive. This is mostly for organizational purposes, but also because it's easier for me to see all the torrents I've recently downloaded (from all trackers) in one folder, then to download them directly to their respective tracker folder on my external drive and try to find them afterwards.

I've looked, but I can't seem to find a way in Transmission to easily see where files are located. I can use the inspector on each individual torrent, but I was wondering if there was some way to do this more easily, e.g. sort by location, be able to create groups based on file location, etc.

Any suggestions welcome. Thanks.
NihilistDandy

Re: Filter by location

Post by NihilistDandy »

You can use the colored group options in two ways to help you here. You can assign each group a tracker name to keep them organized that way. You can also assign a custom location for those torrents, so they will download to a specific folder. Furthermore, you can make "smart" groups that will automatically place torrents based on your criteria. There's a little bit of work on your part in the beginning, but you can automate it pretty well if you plan it correctly.