GNU/Linux, transmission-gtk: requests

Feature requests for the GTK+ version of Transmission
bobart

GNU/Linux, transmission-gtk: requests

Post by bobart »

Hi! (my system is Archlinux). I use transmission-gtk 1.93-1 from /extra repo. I would like very much in the future, an opportunity in the transmission to choose a directory for downloading or copying *.torrent used by default ~/.config/transmission/torrents (like "cp ~/.config/transmission/torrents/some_.torrent /media/torrents"). And also, the possibility of creating a backup torrent, like how it is implemented in Vuze' settings (Azureus): *.torrent > *.torrent.bac.
As an alternative solution: You can remove *. torrent from the window of transmission, easier - removing *. torrent with the deal without its physical removal from the hard disk, so if it is necessary, further distribution, would be an opportunity to put again him and run, without re-download from tracker.
I hope to add these features is technically feasible, as well as, I hope that my wish will resonate with other users.
Thank you and success in development!
helios

Re: GNU/Linux, transmission-gtk: requests

Post by helios »

Good idea. it will usefull!

But don't use config directory for data-files (we may use ~/.transmission for this)
pipe

Post by pipe »

Great idea.
shadowuser

Post by shadowuser »

Interesting idea. I find it useful.
I hope this function will be included in new version of Transmission.
Let's make all together Transmission better!
bobart

Post by bobart »

I ask all who have an account to write a few lines in support, to ensure that the topic does not fall. Thanks, transmission will not forget you =)