Port is closed

Feature requests for the GTK+ version of Transmission
TerjeB

Port is closed

Post by TerjeB »

Hi,

I have installed transmission 2.75 on my GNU/Linux machine, but no matter what I do, the listening port is closed.
Trying to use port 60435 I get this result from http://www.canyouseeme.org/:
Success: I can see your service on xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx on port (60435)
Your ISP is not blocking port 60435
But in the transmission-gtk program under Tranmission Preferences and the Network tab I always get the test result that the port is closed.
TerjeB

Re: Port is closed

Post by TerjeB »

I have searched the forums, but it made me no wiser.
Is there a particular thread you want to refer to?

On the other hand, I apologize for posting in the wrong forum. I meant to post this in the support forum and not the request forum. I have now posted it again in the correct forum.
dzidzitop

Post by dzidzitop »

Check if you configured NAT or UPnP (whatever you use) properly.
TerjeB

Post by TerjeB »

dzidzitop why do you post things whithout reading the original post properly?

If you had read my first post porperly, you would have seen that I wrote that I got a positive result from http://www.canyouseeme.org/ That is because I have opened my firewall to that port.

My complaint was that the tab Network under Tranmission Preferences does not show the same positive result, and that caused me many hours of searching and and double checking my firewall settings.

Now I have seen in another thread viewtopic.php?f=1&t=14274 that it is the check that transmission use that is wrong. (probably)

T.
dzidzitop

Post by dzidzitop »

ok. got the idea. my port is 'closed' now too :D
Jordan
Transmission Developer

Post by Jordan »

There's an issue with the portcheck server at transmissionbt.com, and the admin isn't available to look at it right now; I think he's busy with the holidays.

In the meantime, if canyouseeme.org is happy, then you've got nothing to worry about.

This has been mentioned in like a dozen threads already, so I'm going to lock this duplicate thread... :)