Make peer IP addresses in torrent properties copyable

Feature requests for the GTK+ version of Transmission
josephj

Make peer IP addresses in torrent properties copyable

Post by josephj »

Sometimes, I like to do reverse DNS lookups on peers. It's cool to see what countries they're from and, when they're misbehaving, it helps me decide whether to block them (using iptables) or not.

Currently, I have to either write down the IP or flip back and forth between Transmission and my browser until I get the whole thing typed in. It would be great if I could just copy and paste the IP, but the IP cannot be selected.

If this is not something you want to add as a feature, I could add it to my local copy (currently 2.82) if it would be relatively simple and someone can guide me as to how to do it. I'm an experienced programmer, but very rusty in C.

Thanks.

Transmission-gtk 2.82 running on kubuntu precise (with tons of backports including KDE 4.12.2).
josephj

Re: Make peer IP addresses in torrent properties copyable

Post by josephj »

I suppose I could use a videocam for screen capture. It always works!, But, that wasn't exactly what I was hoping for. :wink:
josephj

Post by josephj »

Thanks. I'll read up on that. I was just kidding about actually using a videocam. (I use ksnapshot for "still" screen captures.)
josephj

Post by josephj »

Still using Transmission and still would like this enhancement.