Groups and other features from the OSX version

Feature requests for the GTK+ version of Transmission
pchc_lx

Re: Groups and other features from the OSX version

Post by pchc_lx »

5 years later and AFAIK this is still not implemeted? i'm new to transmission so apologies if I'm missing something- but I really need a way to automatically sort my downloads.
torrentme

Re: Groups and other features from the OSX version

Post by torrentme »

I switched from OS X to Ubuntu 16.10 LTS recently (old machine, not getting updates from Apple) and found that Transmission in Linux doesn't have groups (which I used a lot on the Mac). I seriously miss the ability to group, assign colors, and even more - assign specific download locations to each torrent based on criteria. I see that this hasn't been implemented for nearly eight years. I don't have the coding skills to submit any patches for this. Is there an issue I can follow somewhere?

Tangential question/observation: I also see Transmission at version 2.92 on the Mac while it's version 2.84 on GTK+/Linux. Is Transmission development primarily aimed at OS X/macOS with GTK+ not having much developer time?

Are there any other (well maintained and updated) clients on Ubuntu with similar feature parity as Transmission on Mac?

Thanks!