Flood for Transmission - A lightweight yet beautiful UI

Discussion of the Web Interface for Transmission, formerly known as Clutch. This applies to all version of Transmission
yopnono

Re: Flood for Transmission - A lightweight yet beautiful UI

Post by yopnono »

This is because of the different places it can show up. There is an icon for when you add it to your home screen, as well as when you have it in your tab bar, but also when you add it as a bookmark or on a new tab screen as a shortcut. There are many scenario's where favicons can be used and hence why I define as many.
Ok? Did not know I need a full set of different icon for that. Well live and learn (well at least put them in a ex: img folder so they are not filling up the root folder)
Johman10

Post by Johman10 »

Also I think you can delete all.map file and just comment out them in the .js file. To save some space.
Thanks! I don't think you have to worry about the map files, they account for about 504 bytes on the drive. If you really have that little free space on the machine your run Transmission on you are free to remove them after unpacking the zip file.

When it comes to the data send to the browser, they are not actually send unless you open the developer tools. See a StackOverflow thread on the topic here: https://stackoverflow.com/a/44316255/1789472. Yes, the comment is being shipped but that's only 42 bytes per JS file, which is quite insignificant. Here again, feel free to write a script to remove them yourselves.

Why ship have them in the first place? I would like someone that comes to me with an issue to be able to look at the developer tools and tell me with relative certainty where the code is exactly breaking. It will help me to support Flood for Transmission better and more efficiently.

I hope you understand my reasoning and why I will keep them in the project for now. :)
yopnono

Post by yopnono »

It's not a problem for me. I was thinking more for people that run ex: small NAS like raspberry.
Smaller footprint = better.
ikomrad

Post by ikomrad »

This looks pretty nice. The haugene transmission+vpn docker image I'm using comes with flood already installed so that part was easy.

Question:

Is the "remove" option the same as "remove from list" or is it "remove and trash data" from the default Transmission UI? I generally use the "remove from list" option, which removes it from the torrent list without deleting anything, then I process and delete the download manually. So it's important for me to know what the menu option does.

I did a brief search for user docs and didn't find anything beyond the readme file.
Johman10

Post by Johman10 »

@ikomrad removing an item from the list will prompt you to ask if you also want to delete the data. If you don't check the checkbox the data will be kept, but if you decide to check it the data will also be removed.

I hope this helps! :D
Kamikazee

Post by Kamikazee »

There is no FORCE START option.
Johman10

Post by Johman10 »

Kamikazee wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:37 pm There is no FORCE START option.
Force start was added a couple days ago. Please update you Flood for Transmission and you can force a start. :)
zero

Post by zero »

I know this seems REALLY stupid, but I just can't make it work? I downloaded the zip file and unzipped it on my home directory, so the path is "/home/pi/flood-for-transmission". I then ran "sudo systemctl edit transmission-daemon.service" and added:

Code: Select all

[Service]
Environment=TRANSMISSION_WEB_HOME=/home/pi/flood-for-transmission
Finally, ran "sudo systemctl daemon-reload" and "sudo systemctl restart transmission-daemon.service". Still, accessing http://localhost:9091 will show the default Web UI. I've also tried adding

[Service]
Environment="TRANSMISSION_WEB_HOME=/home/pi/flood-for-transmission"
instead, but also didn't work. What am I doing wrong?
killemov

Post by killemov »

Smells like an issue with permissions to me ...
Johman10

Post by Johman10 »

zero wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 6:18 am I know this seems REALLY stupid, but I just can't make it work? I downloaded the zip file and unzipped it on my home directory, so the path is "/home/pi/flood-for-transmission". I then ran "sudo systemctl edit transmission-daemon.service" and added:

[Service]
Environment=TRANSMISSION_WEB_HOME=/home/pi/flood-for-transmission
Finally, ran "sudo systemctl daemon-reload" and "sudo systemctl restart transmission-daemon.service". Still, accessing http://localhost:9091 will show the default Web UI. I've also tried adding

[Service]
Environment="TRANSMISSION_WEB_HOME=/home/pi/flood-for-transmission"
instead, but also didn't work. What am I doing wrong?
Does the folder /home/pi/flood-for-transmission contain an index.html file? If not you might have downloaded the wrong zip, you might have downloaded the source code zip instead of the build zip version. Hope that helps, if it that's not it, let me know and I can look further into how we can debug this.