Ipad and upload .torrent

Discussion of the Web Interface for Transmission, formerly known as Clutch. This applies to all version of Transmission
frossie

Ipad and upload .torrent

Post by frossie »

Hello,
i've found in internet several notes about the web interface and he Iphone/Ipad but sincerely i don't understand how to upload a torrent file to transmission via web interface . Someone could help me ?
(some articles report a method with bookmarklet but i don't understand how it works).

thanks in advance.
Fabio
lazybones

Re: Ipad and upload .torrent

Post by lazybones »

The only way to start a torrent from iPad/iPhone is to cut and past the URL from a website into the upload field.
frossie

Post by frossie »

yes,you're right but it doesn't works with private torrent....
search66

Post by search66 »

If your phone/pad is jailbroken; do a search in Cydia for: Whirlpool

This will open torrents from Safari right into Transmission.
frossie

Post by frossie »

Hi, i found Whirlpool application from Cydia but i'm not able to change the settings...Where's can i find the application ? i think that it will create an application icon on my ipad but nothing , but in Safari i saw the screen regarding the "sent torrent".
thanks for your help !
search66

Post by search66 »

It's actually in the 'settings' section of your iPhone/iPad... you have to put your Transmission details there.
anville

Post by anville »

As of the 2.10 release, you can now put a cookies.txt file into your Transmission config directory, and it should handle authentication for private trackers. On Mac it's ~/Library/Application Support/Transmission. On linux, I'm not sure, maybe something like ~/.transmission?
peedee

Post by peedee »

Thanks anville I saw someone made a patch for this but I didnt realise it made it to the binary release. I thought I was going to have to apply the patch and compile it myself. Phew! Ive used Linux before but im new to mac osx.

I dont know much about cookies but to get the cookie.txt file I just installed firefox then used a plugin to export my cookies to a file. I then opened up this file in TextEdit and deleted all lines except the two that where from my private tracker that had my my uid and pass.

Now its working and I can queue up torrents remotely from my iphone or ipad remotely. Transmission webui works great on the iphone.
straddle

Post by straddle »

There is a nice new solution to this which works well using a bookmarklet and a few files on the server:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11355&p=52996&hilit ... let#p52996
drayon

Post by drayon »

Hi guys, Im using the web browser iCab on my iPad because it has a local downloads folder. With iCab I have in one Tab my https private tracker site and download the torrent files which are saved in iCabs downloads folder. Then in another Tab I have the Transmission Web interface I tap 'Open' icon the tap the 'Please select a torrent file to upload' button, iCab's downloads folder is displayed and then I can tap to select the torrent file to upload. This works very well for me.

Originally I tried the copy/paste URL but this never worked for me so I chose to download the torrents in iCab and this worked. I read this thread and understood why copy/paste URL for private trackers didn't work. I couldn't get the cookie.txt file to work since there isn't any instructions as to exactly what the text file contains. Not important now since I can work this different way by downloading the torrent file in iCab.
d0m1nation

Post by d0m1nation »

One question to the ios users. Do all of you have a default download location that you use?
Since the WebUI does not sport a way to choose the download directory for each torrent.
Yuriksat

Post by Yuriksat »

After upgrade to ios5 on my iPad there is no way to open transmission web GUI via iCab any more....
Emaw

Post by Emaw »

Yeah i just upgraded to ios 5 and now am having problems with Icab. I actually use rutorrent but after upgrading and finding rutorrent will not load I tried switching over to transmission but this wont work either. Does anyone know of another ipad browser that works with transmission?
Masterpooh

Post by Masterpooh »

Hello.
I'm using transmission 2.84 on my synology disk station

So.. Upload button does not working on my icab mobile (ios)

Is there any solution for now?