- Download the zip file from github and unzip on your machine where transmission-daemon resides. (Or use git for future easy updating.)
- Verify that transmission-daemon has proper access to the files. (See chmod and/or chown.)
- Set the TRANSMISSION_WEB_HOME environment variable to the path to where you placed the Shift files.
Code: Select all
- If transmission-daemon is executed from a script you should put the export command in there.
- If transmission-daemon is executed from a systemd script you should add an Environment line there.
Code: Select all
- (Re)start transmission-daemon.
- Once started any changes to index.html, shift.js or any other file will be picked up after a page reload.
Related TRAC tickets:
- Enable Queue sub-menu only if sorting is set to 'By Queue' - As of 2.40 every torrent has a queue index. Shift shows it and also allows you to change it. It can be used in many ways.
- setInterval()-based polling causes problems ... - Shift uses Prototype's Ajax.PeriodicalUpdater. Loading big chunks of static data every time is not helping either.
- Mass adding of trackers - You can find it under Session/Shift.
- Rename single files in Web UI - Implemented. You can find it under Torrent/Files.
- Web UI: allow drag'n'dropping torrent files into the browser - Implemented since like forever.
- Add downloaded queue size/enabled option to preference in web - All properties are shown by default.
- Sort torrents by amount of data uploaded - Shift shows this column when filtering on status = "Seeding" and then it is automatically sortable.
- Content Security Policy for WebUI - Shift is self contained and approved to work with the upcoming Content Security Policy.
- Web-UI does not allow copying of Magnet-Link - You can find the link in the torrent details. You can even download the actual torrent if you configure and symlink everything correctly.
- Web client - keyboard shortcuts - Shift uses very different keyboard shortcuts from what is mentioned in the TRAC ticket.
- Sort by ETA for transmission-daemon web UI - Torrents are by default filtered by status Downloading and sorted by percentage done in descending order, which is almost the same as ETA. Instructions for adding ETA as a visible column can be found right here.
- Add the download/upload speed in the title - You can switch between version numbers and upload/download in Session/Shift/showSpeedTitle.
- Inspector - Clickable urls in Comment field - Implemented.
- Copy magnet link from the web interface - You can find the link in the torrent details. You can even download the actual torrent if you configure and symlink everything correctly.
- Use the new API for notifications in the Web Client - Implemented.
- Always selectable files in torrent - Implemented.
- IE10 torrent upload not working - The way Shift uploads torrents over rpc was copied to Clutch (main web UI) leading to less supported pre IE10 browsers because of the FileReader api.
- Disable right-click browser menu - No right-click events used.
- Delete key should remove torrent from list - Yes, and Shift + Delete should trash it, which it does.
- Sort setting lost after some days - Torrents are by default filtered by status Downloading and sorted by percentage done in descending order. It is quite easy to change this to fit your needs.
- Please add setting per-torrent properties to the web interface - Updating ALL editable properties implemented.
- Possible to include preserved "Sort Transfer By" order state? - Torrents are by default filtered by status (Downloading/Seeding/Stopped...).
- Possibility to remove torrent data by using toolbar - No right-click events used.
- Possible to add "Download to: " on torrent upload ? - Implemented using Add button only.
- Mismatch Torrent Title and associated bar - Row DOM element is tightly coupled with associated torrent.
- Display total seeding time with torrent details - All properties are shown by default. "secondsSeeding" has been in the RPC-spec since revision 11597.
- Mark completed files in torrent in a distinguished way - File download progress is indicated with a percentage, so 100% means complete.
- "Web Seeds" field is not displayed in the Web Client - Displayed as link in details.
- Replace existing menus with jQueryUI menu - Shift has no need for this. Once you discover the menus present, you will appreciate their simplicity. Oh, NO right clicks here.
- Remove libtransmission API for configuring units - Shift uses 1024.
- Unable to trash and remove torrents from touch devices - No right-click events used.
- Crash when removing data for incomplete magnetized torrent file - Though fixed in transmission, implemented for older versions.
- Allow editing tracker list in the webinterface - Basic tracker management implemented.
- Web Client should allow viewing/changing bandwith priorities for torrents - Updating ALL editable properties implemented.
- Show folder of torrents in inspector - Implemented and added manipulation per tree node.
- Allow for adding multiple URLs at one time - Implemented Drag n Drop (And dropping files containing urls).
- Add download link the web client - Implemented.
- Multi upload for web ui - Implemented with Drag 'n' Drop and the add torrent dialog.
- Add "verify torrent" feature to web client as in transmission client - Checking implemented.
- Add "remove local data" feature to web client as in transmission client - Trashing implemented.
- Support specification of download directory for individual torrent - Manual entry implemented.
- Web Interface should support max speed per torrent - Updating ALL editable properties implemented.
- Web UI should allow selective downloading and file prioritization - Implemented.
- Web UI should allow downloading .torrents directly instead of uploading them - Implemented.
- Upload multiple torrents at once - Implemented with Drag 'n' Drop and the add torrent dialog.
- Free space - Implemented.
- "Add torrent by URL" from web client - Implemented.
- Simple web interface? -