Shift, a new web UI - UPDATE 2024.02.15

Discussion of the Web Interface for Transmission, formerly known as Clutch. This applies to all version of Transmission
killemov

Re: Shift, a new web UI - UPDATE 2015.03.01

Post by killemov »

x190 wrote:I like the white on black (minus the blurry tab title*). Where do I get one? Also, does your interface show active webseeds (e.g. by base_url) in the peer list? If not, can you do that?

This theme would be perfect with ff's dev dark theme. Tabs are dark blue.
Just click on the screenshot in the previous post. Shift can only show what's in the rpc-spec. In Shift you can get a list of peers. Go to the torrent details (Double click on a torrent.) and click on peers.
killemov

Shift, a new web UI - UPDATE 2015.04.05

Post by killemov »

Changelog
  • Implemented keyboard shortcuts.
  • Oh, and there's an egg in there too.
killemov

Shift, a new web UI - UPDATE 2015.04.18

Post by killemov »

Changelog
  • Implemented download complete notification.
killemov

Shift, a new web UI

Post by killemov »

Coming up ...
Preview of alternative skin optimized for touch interface.
Preview of alternative skin optimized for touch interface.
touch.jpg (120.15 KiB) Viewed 87656 times
Just to prove what can be done with changes in css only.
Exp

Re: Shift, a new web UI

Post by Exp »

killemov wrote:Coming up ...
touch.jpg
Just to prove what can be done with changes in css only.
Interesting, coming soon?
bsod

Re: Shift, a new web UI - UPDATE 2015.04.18

Post by bsod »

I'm trying to install this and have found where my transmission daemon starts using ls -l /proc/4137 | grep exe (4137 being my process id) but it starts in a directory I can't write too. (I am trying to do this on a DD-WRT build). Is there any way I can place the shift files elsewhere and load them?

Also, how can I find out how transmission is run on my build of DD-WRT? I can't find any start up scripts in the usual /etc/init.d so I am not sure how it runs in the first place to add the environment variable.
killemov

Post by killemov »

larsen161

Post by larsen161 »

Trying to install and get this working but the default web gui is still loading. Here's what I've done.
What am I missing that's probably obvious to everyone but me right now? Thanks

Step 1: stopped the service

Code: Select all

service transmission-daemon stop
Step 2: went to were transmission has it's web folder

cd /usr/share/transmission/
Step 3: cloned the repo

git clone https://github.com/killemov/Shift.git
Step 4: checked that permissions on those files are the same as the web folder and files
Step 5: set the environment variable

export TRANSMISSION_WEB_HOME=/usr/share/transmission/Shift
Step 6: started it back up

service transmission-daemon start
Step 7: checked http://1.2.3.4:9091 and it still loads old web gui
killemov

Post by killemov »

larsen161 wrote:What am I missing that's probably obvious to everyone but me right now?
It may not be that obvious to most of us... This has nothing to do with Shift but everything with the way you start Transmission. Search for linux service command environment variables and all shall be revealed. I will update the instructions in the starting post.
larsen161

Post by larsen161 »

very useful info - I've managed to get it working but not in a way that will work after a server reboot.

I first added

into this file

/etc/init.d/transmission-deamon
so that when I run

./transmission-daemon start
it works. Great! BUT....
As you mentioned, the problem with starting through 'service' is that it won't work when system is shutdown/restarted.

So I tried adding the env variable to be set on boot by adding the following file

etc/profile.d/shift.sh

#!/bin/sh
System now has that variable after a reboot when I check

# printenv
I also tried adding this to

./etc/environment
But that also failed to load Shift. Perhaps the details will come in the update? :)
larsen161

Re: Shift

Post by larsen161 »

Now that I have it working, I'm liking a lot of the features that I wished there were in the default gui. Especially enjoying the filter view that allows me to just list the incomplete torrents thus far. Also..
killemov wrote:
lazybones wrote:Also I see lots about linking files and setting priority in a torrent but can you chose the save location when adding the torrent?
Depends on what you mean with "choose" exactly. Browse for the target directory? No! Enter the target directory manually? Yes!
Maybe this needs some attention(/lobbying): Select download folder from web client (diff attached)
I see that I can set the download location when adding a torrent. How can I change the location once I've added it? When I go to the details page the downloadDir key value is just a static field. Something that can be changed in the default transmission client.
killemov

Post by killemov »

larsen161 wrote:I see that I can set the download location when adding a torrent. How can I change the location once I've added it? When I go to the details page the downloadDir key value is just a static field. Something that can be changed in the default transmission client.
Check https://trac.transmissionbt.com/browser ... c-spec.txt at the end. I will implement the 2.80+ features soon.
cfpp2p

Post by cfpp2p »

shift works like magic. I add some advanced settings to the code http://sourceforge.net/p/transmissionda ... 80ee/#d2bf and shift automatically adds them to the session settings. Like magic!
killemov

Post by killemov »

cfpp2p wrote:Shift works like magic. I add some advanced settings to the code http://sourceforge.net/p/transmissionda ... 80ee/#d2bf and Shift automatically adds them to the session settings. Like magic!
If you put something new in the session data or Shift data then Shift will show it. If it were possible I would not have any field references in Shift at all, but then I'd have had to develop Shift with the "everything is an object" dogma. The structure of the posts of your project on Sourceforge seems a bit messy.
Last edited by killemov on Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
killemov

Shift, a new web UI - UPDATE 2015.05.09

Post by killemov »

Changelog
  • Created new stylesheet.
  • Percentages can be colorized.
  • Current row is vertically centered when using keyboard to scroll.
Last edited by killemov on Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.