Shift, a new web UI - UPDATE 2024.02.15

Discussion of the Web Interface for Transmission, formerly known as Clutch. This applies to all version of Transmission
killemov

Re: Shift, a new web UI - UPDATE 2014.01.01

Post by killemov »

gecko wrote:tried this interface and is a lot better than the default ui and easy to setup (tested on nas dns-320)
seems to behave well even on android browser
keep up the good work killemov
Thanks! Good to hear that the android browser can deal with Shift. The Nokia/Symbian browser cannot.
gecko wrote:two questions:
session->'alt speed enabled', doesn't work for me: speeds don't change. may I did something wrong?
Did you click the Apply button?
gecko wrote:when you access the web ui, default view is 'downloading torrents'. how to change so you can view all torrents by default when accessing the ui?
This commit by Thomas de Grivel shows you exactly what to change.
UPDATE: The system of displaying columns has been overhauled completely.
Last edited by killemov on Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:05 am, edited 4 times in total.
gecko

Post by gecko »

I still haven't found problems with the stock android browser, android version is gingerbread 2.3.x so I suppose it will work like a charm on newer versions.
reinstalled transmission+shift and now speed limit works perfectly
the modified shift.js shows all torrents as I like
thanks again for your work

edit: works even with opera mobile (android 4.2.2)
coguaro

Post by coguaro »

sorry but i want know is thath web gui is compatible whit the transmission included in the nas4free and how to integrate this??
killemov

Post by killemov »

coguaro wrote:sorry but i want know is thath web gui is compatible whit the transmission included in the nas4free and how to integrate this??
If you already have the transmission web UI available then YES, Shift will work on your setup. Follow the instructions on the first post to get it installed. You might even get the web UI to match the nas4free style.
coguaro

Post by coguaro »

killemov wrote:
coguaro wrote:sorry but i want know is thath web gui is compatible whit the transmission included in the nas4free and how to integrate this??
If you already have the transmission web UI available then YES, Shift will work on your setup. Follow the instructions on the first post to get it installed. You might even get the web UI to match the nas4free style.
my problem is how to insert a new web ui in the trasnsmission install on nas4free why do not know how to modify config for that parameter
sorry for my english
killemov

Post by killemov »

coguaro wrote:
killemov wrote:
my problem is how to insert a new web ui in the trasnsmission install on nas4free why do not know how to modify config for that parameter
sorry for my english
Where EXACTLY did you get stuck in the installation instructions? Nas4free is a BSD derivative with commands working mostly exactly the same as in Linux.
coguaro

Post by coguaro »

killemov wrote: Installation:
  • Download the zip file from github and unzip on your machine where transmission-daemon resides. (Or use git for future easy updating.)
  • Verify that transmission-daemon has proper access to the files. (See chmod and/or chown.)
  • Set the TRANSMISSION_WEB_HOME environment variable to the path to where you placed the Shift files.
    Example:

Code: Select all

export TRANSMISSION_WEB_HOME=/my/path/to/the/unzipped/dir

i have copy all file in a directory but where is the config file for mofify?
cfpp2p

Post by cfpp2p »

The Shift interface is truly a well designed application. I recently patched transmission in order to allow for running a torrent script on adding each torrent https://github.com/cfpp2p/transmission/ ... e93d269a65 and the stock Shift client found the rpc information with no changes to the Shift code at all. The settings were right there and functional changes to the settings worked correctly.

http://sourceforge.net/p/transmissionda ... /75c7f4f2/

I highly recommend Shift .
killemov

Shift, a new web UI - UPDATE 2014.11.08

Post by killemov »

Changelog:
  • Implemented column view per torrent status.
  • Implemented multiple torrent selection with mousedown/move/up.
  • Tweaked bandwidth consumption for AJAX calls.
  • Minor stylesheet tweaks.
Changing the status filter will trigger changes in the column view. The visible columns are now more fitting with the selected status. For example, showing the percentDone column for seeding torrents does not make sense. Also the new system makes customization way easier. 8-)
killemov

Re: Shift, a new web UI - UPDATE 2015.01.01

Post by killemov »

Happy new year!

Changelog
  • Implemented setting the queuepositions in order of date added.
The button can be found on the Settings / Shift page.
killemov

Re: Shift, a new web UI - UPDATE 2015.03.01

Post by killemov »

Changelog
  • Fixed updating and sorting of file percentage done.
cactus68100

Post by cactus68100 »

Hi,

Is it a possibility to displaying the extern ip address and a button to run an external server side script (to change external IP address with some VPN) ?
twl

Post by twl »

this ui looks like trash. like windows 98 style
cfpp2p

Post by cfpp2p »

twl wrote:this ui looks like trash. like windows 98 style
Then you might not understand what Shift is for, how to use it, or why killemov did it the way he did. I've integrated the regular web client and Shift clients together viewtopic.php?f=8&t=16081#p68769 and from there I can do pretty much anything and everything from there if I want. It's not the look of Shift that matters. But Shift may not be for everyone I guess.
killemov

Post by killemov »

Thank you for your constructive criticism! I absolutely do not get the Windows 98 comparison at all. The color scheme was old skool green on black originally, which can still be selected. The current color scheme is actually a reflection of this very forum. "parkerlreed" submitted this color scheme on Github.

I suggest you try and come up with something better. :idea:
cfpp2p wrote:
Then you might not understand what Shift is for, how to use it, or why Killemov did it the way he did. I've integrated the regular web client and Shift clients together viewtopic.php?f=8&t=16081#p68769 and from there I can do pretty much anything and everything from there if I want. It's not the look of Shift that matters. But Shift may not be for everyone I guess.
Thanks for the assist. Shift should be a full implementation of the rpc-spec first, even spanning most versions of that. Shift IS supposed to be for everyone and I am and have been always open to suggestions. There have been little to none of those so far.

@All users: Give me suggestions for improvement!
@All designers: Be my guest and pitch in here or preferably at GithubImage. The one simple rule that has to be followed is that functionality has to come before form, always. If your design is sound, a real improvement, but needs some changes in the code then I most certainly will consider making them.
Last edited by killemov on Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:26 am, edited 2 times in total.