(SOLVED) Upload a new torrent from external network doesn't

Discussion of the Web Interface for Transmission, formerly known as Clutch. This applies to all version of Transmission
nzr

(SOLVED) Upload a new torrent from external network doesn't

Post by nzr »

Hi

Transmission 2.42, ubuntu 11.04 (x64), transmission-daemon.

I'm trying to upload torrent file via web gui to the home server. When I do it via http link the torrent starts to downloading and everything is fine. When I'm trying to download the .torrent to my pc and then upload it nothing happens. /transmission/upload?paused=false just keep going forever.

The most strange thing is that I'm able upload the same file while I'm inside the home network..

Any ideas?
Last edited by nzr on Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gunzip

Re: Upload a new torrent from external network doesn't work

Post by gunzip »

it might be that particular torrent file was incomplete or corrupted during the download to your pc, it's happened to me on occasion.

i would try some torrent files from other sites and see what gives.
nzr

Post by nzr »

gunzip wrote:it might be that particular torrent file was incomplete or corrupted during the download to your pc, it's happened to me on occasion.

i would try some torrent files from other sites and see what gives.
I did. That doesn't help
I just put the same torrent file to my home pc and then tried to upload it from the home network. That works
gunzip

Post by gunzip »

i don't know as that is very strange behavior.

you could try uploading a torrent file in the web-ui from another remote pc (at a different IP address) and see if the same thing happens.
nzr

Post by nzr »

Okay, I found the issue.
Finally
that was a bad path MTU value. I should enable ICMP on my router or follow this instruction: http://www.netheaven.com/pmtu.html