Connection reset remotely, but works locally

Discussion of the Web Interface for Transmission, formerly known as Clutch. This applies to all version of Transmission
jgabor

Connection reset remotely, but works locally

Post by jgabor »

When I try to reach the web interface locally (domain.local) everything works fine:

Code: Select all

~ $ curl user:pass@domain.local:9091/transmission/web/
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
…
…
But when used remotely (domain.com) all I get is a connection refused and my SSH-version:

~ $ curl user:pass@domain.com:9091/transmission/web/
SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_5.9p1 Debian-5ubuntu1
curl: (56) Recv failure: Connection reset by peer
I think it all started when there was some SSH-related bug in Transmission, which was fixed by installing a newer version of the openssh-package (or ssh-package) from the Debian-repo. But I can't seem to find the thread again. And openssh has been upgraded several times since then, so it should've been replaced by a newer package from the Ubuntu-repo a long time ago.

I'm running Ubuntu 12.04 with transmission-daemon 2.60. ssh, openssh-client and openssh-server are all of the latest version.

Any thoughts?
jgabor

Re: Connection reset remotely, but works locally

Post by jgabor »

Thanks, but unfortunately none of those links were helpful. Or I might be missing something…? SSH works fine on the server for everything except Transmissions web interface and the server is far from overloaded, resource or network wise.

Any other thoughts? I read that Transmission runs Apache2 as it's web server… Where can I find it's vhost/configuration files?
jgabor

Re: Connection reset remotely, but works locally

Post by jgabor »

Nevermind. I solved it by proxy pass it to my already running nginx on the server.

For others looking for a similar solution, I added the following to my server block of the site:

location /transmission {
                proxy_pass http://domain.local:9091/transmission;
        }