iOS 6 and web interface

Discussion of the Web Interface for Transmission, formerly known as Clutch. This applies to all version of Transmission
Celyr

iOS 6 and web interface

Post by Celyr »

Hi,

I'm using transmission 2.60 with the web interface (+ daemon).
I have an iPad and after the update to iOS6 the interface is not working anymore:
- if you try to stop resume a torrent or all torrents nothing seem to happen (actually it does get stopped/resumed but the interface isn't refreshed)
The most wired thing is that inspector is working, but not updated as well, everything is freezed. I have to clean the cache and reload the page to get update info, then it freezes again.

I suspect it to be a safari bug since the interface is working flawlessly with every other browser and it was working with iOS 5.1 yesterday, I just want a feedback from you to file a bug to apple, if it is even possible.
Let me know, thank you!
livings124
Transmission Developer

Re: iOS 6 and web interface

Post by livings124 »

I'm seeing this as well. Could you file a bug report with Apple and open one on our bug-tracking site (trac.transmissionbt.com)?
Celyr

Post by Celyr »

Of course I will open the bug in your tracking system.
What stopped me from doing that is that I have no idea of where this bug is, I'm not going to tell apple that transmission web interface is not working on their device because I think they can't care less of that. I need instead a specific function/code portion that is not behaving as expected, so I can point it out and they have to fix it :) hope that makes sense.
I wanted to isolate it also but I have a Linux laptop only and the web debugger that come with this version of iOS works only with a mac :shock:

Edit: ticket submitted hth
Edit2: it turns out that you need to be an apple developer to file a bug https://developer.apple.com/bugreporter/ I'm not even going to comment that
Edit3: as a workaround you may install chrome browser app in your iPad. With chrome transmission web interface is working as expected. So it's definitively a safari issue.
bobnose

Post by bobnose »

Could it be iOS 6 AJAX issues with Safari?

http://www.ashleyit.com/blogs/brentashl ... ax-issues/
livings124
Transmission Developer

Post by livings124 »

I believe bobnose is correct. This is a Safari bug.
pudquick

Post by pudquick »

This is correct:

http://www.devthought.com/2012/09/22/un ... ajax-bugs/

For those that need a workaround in the meantime, strangely Google Chrome on iOS (which uses iOS WebKit) WORKS.

It's horrible at scrolling, but it does work on iOS 6.
Koopa

Post by Koopa »

I'm experiencing the same problem on my iPad 3 ios6, the client doesn't refresh the display and show changes in data. I use Atomic Web browser so it appears the problem isn't limited to just Safari.
JJTagy

Post by JJTagy »

Unfortunately, they didn't address this in 6.01 update. I have a feeling that it may never be addressed.
byroncoughlin

Post by byroncoughlin »

Web interface is working again in iOS 6.1 beta. Yay!