a Custom Web UI - update 2013.01.28

Discussion of the Web Interface for Transmission, formerly known as Clutch. This applies to all version of Transmission
TheGene

Re: a Custom Web UI - update 2013.01.28

Post by TheGene »

What all these clients lack is the ability to create new torrents....... how is work on that going, or not at all?
tuxEdo

Post by tuxEdo »

I was checking for updates, sae the project page was updated om 2013 3 11 but not new code released except for the easy install script. I gave it a try just for fun and it works fine. I like it, even though it wasn't that hard to do what it does manually.

I noticed I can no longer start torrents by submitting a URL instead of a torrent file but this is a bg in Transmission 2.77, not a web UI problem. Hoep they fix it, I upload by URLs often from the web UI since I use the web UI when I'm not at the physical machine and don't want to download a torrent file to whatever machine I wokring from (friend or work machine for example)
killemov

Post by killemov »

Jordan took my way of uploading torrents and ran with it ... not taking separate handling for urls in account.

https://trac.transmissionbt.com/ticket/5290#comment:15
grymcent

Post by grymcent »

using my book live, latest firmware
after discovering that the initial web gui is pretty terrible i thought id install this one.
i tried to copy the files across at first, and while in ssh it seemed to work, no change in web gui
i also tried the .sh easy installer, this sort of worked but just produced a garbled web page.
in an attempt to fix, i have managed to delete the entire "web" directory by accident.

this has stopped ALL access to my My Book LIve, i cant even initiate the ssh, or the original WD UI.

what can i do??
grymcent

Post by grymcent »

x190 wrote:Just download the source files and replace the directory you need.

http://www.transmissionbt.com/download/
how?
as i said, i have no web or ssh access. I am not aware of any other way to access the WD My Book Live in order to copy the files
zefyx

Post by zefyx »

I registered just to be able to give you my utmost thanks for this wonderful webUI, its leaps and bounds better than anything else in comparison. You even include a mobile interface, wow! For days, I've been slowly hacking the OS X GUI into Transmission on my Synology to no avail. Once I found this topic, and eventually your EXCELLENT script, I was good to go! Really, that script couldn't have been any easier. It found the crazy installation directly for my App Store installation of Transmission, something I sometimes have a hard time tracking down myself :lol: Your template really breaths a breath of fresh air into Transmission. I was contemplating moving towards another solution because of the stale webUI of Transmission. Even uTorrent has really created a wonderful webUI for its users. The creators of this software need to do themselves a favor and work with you on development and implementation as the new default. The current default shows its age each day passes. I do hope you regularly update this template, maybe offer a donations address for your time? I know I would donate to see development continue.

However, I did notice the URL blocklist doesnt update in your GUI. I had to switch to back the classic GUI to update it. This is on a clean installation. I also noticed something misspelled due probably due to translation error, but I can't seem to find it now. I'll update when I find it again. Ever think of renaming index.mobile.html to something smaller and simpler, easier to type from a mobile device? I'll probably rename it to mobile.html myself. Another suggestion would be to move the webUI identification info, i.e. "Transmission WEB Control 0.3 Beta (20130402)" from the pretty empty space near the logo, and putting it after a command and the Transmission version information. It would also be nice to get rid of the language selection bar when a language is selected. Whether by moving the selector to the options window, or using a option such as default language selected, with an option to remove it at a later time to regain access to the selector. The former being the best option in my opinion. An obviously, a real-time update system for torrent status. I'm probably dreaming there. Either way, you deserve a beer my friend, the Transmission team needs to take notes. Although its great community members like yourself step up and implement templates like this, they really have neglected the webUI for seed box users and the like for far too long. OS X user's have a compact mode, what about the rest of us?

Looks like I spoke too soon, it seems anytime I click on a torrent to view its attributes my Nightly version of Firefox (23.0a1 (2013-04-21)) crashes, even in safe mode with no addons. It did this another time in an unrelated area I can't recall. This does not happen in Internet Explorer 10. I enjoy your product enough that I'm going to continue using it possibly with IETab, or simply Internet Explorer when I need to move data or view details. But could you please look into this crash with Firefox? I causes the entire program to crash and forces a restart requesting info be sent to Firefox. Thank you!

After further experimentation, this doesn't happen with Google's latest nightly build of Canary either. IE Tab doesn't support IE10 and none of the Chome in Firefox tab options look to be up to date either. Sadly, it looks like I'm going to have to keep Chrome around simply for my Transmission webUI, but it'll do for now. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help identify and squash this bug. I have a few Firefox addons that I use with Transmission daily that I'm going to miss. An addon that parses KeePass encrypted password's to login prompts and one that downloads my torrents directly to Transmission. I'm going them during the interim. I look forward to hearing an update soon!
ewan34

Post by ewan34 »

Hi,

I have installed this custom WebUI , but there are many problems.

During the refresh, there is a "flash" , can we stop this flash but refresh ?
How can I add a new language, because, i have try but the screen is always white ...

Thanks for your help.
tuxEdo

Post by tuxEdo »

just installed v0.4beta, runs great so far.
Thanks for the good work.
tuxEdo

Post by tuxEdo »

I would like to see a way to add a torrent (by URL specifically) from the Mobile interface.
This way I can copy the URL of the torrent in my phone browser and upload it to BT to get downloaded.
Right now I have to use the non-mobile interface which is hard to use on a cell phone.
hellwich

Post by hellwich »

Hi culturist, just wanted to say thanks for this wonderful web interface!
Using it now and I have no problems whatsoever.
I hope you'll keep updating it.
culturist

Post by culturist »

I'm sorry, due to time and energy constraints, I can not be updated for all the suggestions.
By the way, the new version is 20130627, need friends can go to the Update.
hellwich

Post by hellwich »

Thanks for the update, appreciate it!
DuduMaroja

Post by DuduMaroja »

this is incredible... wow!
trapeei

Post by trapeei »

Hello

Thanks for this excellent template ! I use web interface behind SSL proxy and receive an error. All webui loads fine (graphics), but torrent list doesn't. And pref window is empty too. In chrome debbug info I have :

Code: Select all

https://proxy-url/transmission/rpc 404 (Not Found) 
This SSL proxy works fine with originial webUI (and others like kettu etc). Do you have an idea ?

Thanks
culturist

Post by culturist »

@trapeei, you can try update to 20130830 version.