Port forwarding seems to work. Can't access transmission.

Discussion of the Web Interface for Transmission, formerly known as Clutch. This applies to all version of Transmission
0xDECAFBAD

Port forwarding seems to work. Can't access transmission.

Post by 0xDECAFBAD »

I have the rpc whitelist set to false. I have 9091 forwarded on my router. If I run connect to my.no-ip.org:9091 on my computer (not the computer that is running transmission but on the same network) I can connect. If I change the rpc port to 8181, but don't change the port forwarding then going to my.no-ip.org:8181 will not work because I didn't change the port forwarding. Change the port forwarding to port 8181 and I can connect. If I remote into a computer outside the network and try to connect to the port it doesn't work. So port forwarding seems to be working but I can only connect "remotely" using my no-ip.org address from inside the network. What the heck is going on? Transmission is running on a Raspberry Pi that doesn't have a firewall.
0xDECAFBAD

Re: Port forwarding seems to work. Can't access transmission

Post by 0xDECAFBAD »

So I narrowed it down to openvpn. When I connect to the vpn service im using with openvpn it sets up the routing table to route all internet traffic through the vpn. It must realize im on the same network and send the packets locally. When I conenct remotely using the IP im giving from the VPN service I can connect. Would I be able to somehow set up a no-ip.org address to automatically update to the IP given to the vpn interface?