Is Gearbox Dead?

Discussion of the Web Interface for Transmission, formerly known as Clutch. This applies to all version of Transmission
skinnersbane

Is Gearbox Dead?

Post by skinnersbane »

I have been for several years using QNAP's distribution of the transmission-daemon, which has with the "Gearbox" GUI. I have since switched to using ubuntu server and I've installed the transmission-daemon from the repos. Unfortunately, I find that the default web interface to be insufficient, especially as compared to gearbox. The main feature that I miss is being able to specify a subdirectory. I use a seperate incomplete and complete directory, but even with that feature, in gearbox, I was able to specify a subdirectory (I think), but I digress.

Onto my question:

Is gearbox dead? I cannot find any decent site for it through google. Thanks!
Jordan
Transmission Developer

Re: Is Gearbox Dead?

Post by Jordan »

This is the first time I've heard that anyone shipped Gearbox.

Gearbox was an experiment for writing a Transmission Web Client in Ext JS. IMO the code had some good ideas in it but the Transmission team wasn't really happy with the look & feel of the Ext JS client, so we stopped development on it before there was ever a release.
killemov

Re: Is Gearbox Dead?

Post by killemov »

skinnersbane wrote:The main feature that I miss is being able to specify a subdirectory. I use a seperate incomplete and complete directory, but even with that feature, in gearbox, I was able to specify a subdirectory.
You can specify one in Shift, a new web UI, but not with a file browser on the server.