iOS7 interface [Update V2] [Download]

Discussion of the Web Interface for Transmission, formerly known as Clutch. This applies to all version of Transmission
Exp

Re: iOS7 interface [Update V2] [Download]

Post by Exp »

No it happens only when I quit Transmission and restart it using the OSX app. It does not happen on the web interface side.

I think that introducing new files in the package causes the code signing to fail.

20"iMac intel 2.66 Duo: 4GB RAM : OSX 10.9.0
MichielDor

Post by MichielDor »

Exp wrote:No it happens only when I quit Transmission and restart it using the OSX app. It does not happen on the web interface side.

I think that introducing new files in the package causes the code signing to fail.

20"iMac intel 2.66 Duo: 4GB RAM : OSX 10.9.0
I see. Thought this was something related to the end device.
I also have that issue. But unfortunately I think it's safe to say there is no way around that, besides the Transmission folks directly implementing this theme, as they sign the app. Sorry I could be of no further assistance with this matter, but I will look further into working on the main Transmission app so more people can enjoy stuff like this without the named issue (if I can figure out that ticketing system :shock: ).
vargaslosabetodo

Post by vargaslosabetodo »

Very nice.
But i running transmission on a NAS Synology...
How i can remplace web folder?

Thanks
MichielDor

Post by MichielDor »

vargaslosabetodo wrote:Very nice.

Thanks
If you SSH into your NAS, you should find /root/.conifg/transmission-deamon/ where I believe a "web" folder is housed (I don't have a Synology NAS, but the web folder is mostly within the directory that also houses settings.json). Then you can follow the same instructions as mentioned in the initial post in this thread. Backup folder, replace "web" folder, restart Transmission.

If you don't know how to access the root of your NAS there are many entries on Google for each specific NAS brand.

Hope this helps!
vargaslosabetodo

MichielDor wrote:

Thanks
If you SSH into your NAS, you should find /root/.conifg/transmission-deamon/ where I believe a "web" folder is housed (I don't have a Synology NAS, but the web folder is mostly within the directory that also houses settings.json). Then you can follow the same instructions as mentioned in the initial post in this thread. Backup folder, replace "web" folder, restart Transmission.

If you don't know how to access the root of your NAS there are many entries on Google for each specific NAS brand.

Hope this helps!
Thanks for your help, but i can't find web folder, when i connect WebDAV or FTP can't fin the folder to remplace.

When connect Telnet or ssh can't find the directory

thanks for your patience
MichielDor

Post by MichielDor »

vargaslosabetodo wrote:
Thanks for your help, but i can't find web folder, when i connect WebDAV or FTP can't fin the folder to remplace.

thanks for your patience
What I did to find the folder on my ReadyNAS was Telnet in:
- Go up as far as you can go to root (cd ..)
- Search for the web folder (find . -name web)

It will return the path of the web folder. If it returns multiple urls, you're of course looking for the "Transmission" related one.
Then you can use something like Filezilla to connect (over port 22 to use SSH) and go the the appropriate folder to replace.
I guess this works for any brand NAS. Let me know if it works :D
vargaslosabetodo

MichielDor wrote:
vargaslosabetodo wrote:

thanks for your patience
What I did to find the folder on my ReadyNAS was Telnet in:
- Go up as far as you can go to root (cd ..)
- Search for the web folder (find . -name web)

It will return the path of the web folder. If it returns multiple urls, you're of course looking for the "Transmission" related one.
Then you can use something like Filezilla to connect (over port 22 to use SSH) and go the the appropriate folder to replace.
I guess this works for any brand NAS. Let me know if it works :D
Get this:
./volume1/@appstore/transmission/share/transmission/web
MichielDor

Post by MichielDor »

Can you find that folder with filezilla (or equivalent)?
vargaslosabetodo

When connect FTP whit filezilla get this:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/22qs08j00zn9m ... .44.35.png

can't find it
MichielDor

Post by MichielDor »

Make sure you use port 22 (SSH), not FTP and user account "root" (Mostly you can Google this password or how to simply enable access to your root account).

An "admin" account does not grant you system level access to your files. You are essentially modifying an add-on (which is installed to your NAS, not your volumes or shares) and therefor you need the highest level account.

Hope that makes it a little clearer. I will be supplying detailed NAS instructions with Aurora (V3), but until then you can always ask me anything.
SenorLoco

Post by SenorLoco »

I just had to register to say how awesome this looks compared to the 'old fashion' webui. Keep up the good work!
Exp

Post by Exp »

MichielDor , are you making any headway with the Ticket system? When will we see your work included in Transmission?
GrizzlyPear__

Post by GrizzlyPear__ »

Hi Michiel,

Yes, it very much is a shame no one is visiting this thread. Stellar work!

I'm so thrilled about what you've done here, it's a massive accomplishment!

I would however like to make two possible feature requests.

1. A dark-mode. Something with blacks/greys/white text and red progress bar. I think it would look badass. But sometimes I wake up in the morning and check my transmission only to nearly fall out of bed being blinded :P

2. While knowing what exactly this is asking for -- a swipe to delete for mobile/ipad. Somehow it just seems natural to have a swipe-delete once a torrent is done. I am presently in my first semester taking computer programming, and when am no where near even remotely competent at anything ha. I'd offer to help, but alas. I am not quite there yet :P

Fantastic work Michiel, I cannot rave enough about it!
GrizzlyPear__

Post by GrizzlyPear__ »

Thanks
BTW I was just having the same problem as I have transmission running on a WD Mybook Live Duo.... My web folder was located in: /opt/share/transmission/web

It took me a good half hour to find... But keep at it, It's buried somewhere there!
simeonoff

Post by simeonoff »

Amazing work.
Can't wait for version 3.0.