iOS7 interface [Update V2] [Download]

Discussion of the Web Interface for Transmission, formerly known as Clutch. This applies to all version of Transmission
DarkJeJo

Re: iOS7 interface [Update V2] [Download]

Post by DarkJeJo »

I have just downloaded the interface and will try it on a Synology DS1813+.
I will be back with feedback.
So keep up the god work.
And a question is there a git or something?
NickChristensen

Post by NickChristensen »

First, I love this! It's great to see someone working on the web UI again, even if it's unofficial.

Second, I want to echo DarkJeJo's question, could you host this on Github? I'd love to contribute some pull requests.

And third, one of those pull requests would be re-enabling the gear menu that was in the footer. I see the popup menu is still in the DOM, but I don't see the button to trigger it. Could you add it back so we can change speed limits, sorting, etc?

Thanks again for the awesome work!
simoalex

Post by simoalex »

Love This!!!
MichielDor

Post by MichielDor »

Waaaauuuwww.

Thank you for all the great comments!

More than 1500 downloads combined. I recently got a job (in November) which is consuming a lot af time of course, that's why it might seem a little neglected now.
As for the requests to move this to Github, great suggestion! I've never used a system like that, probably because I've never worked in an environment where multiple people needed to work on code.

And for the other suggestions, good ideas. And as I stated before, any idea might get implemented. I really like all the different types of ideas :)

Lastly, if this would somehow be moved to the actual transmission that might make it easier for others to work on it as well. I really don't understand how the ticketing system works yet, or how to contribute. Maybe I should look at other features that were developed and just try it :). The actual Transmission interface could use some love in my experience.

Update on this soon!
spigot

Post by spigot »

Thanks a lot! It's beautiful.
I added your interface in Transmission package for QNAP NAS.
Keep up the good work.
Exp

Post by Exp »

Really looking forward to seeing some progress. Hope you still have the time to develop this.
Exp

Post by Exp »

I had posted a while back that putting the web server files inside the Transmission package broke the code signing.
I have found a workaround.
Place a "Web" folder with your favourite web interface files in it in the following path (this is on OSX).
User/Library/Application Support/Transmission/Web. Make sure W in Web has a capital letter.
That's it, no more code signing problems.
troystanway

Post by troystanway »

Any help with installing this on a ReadyNAS. Also do you have the git up?
whiskas

Post by whiskas »

I've made a lightweight version for myself with some changes, if anyone is interested
https://github.com/mdalpi/transmission-web-ios7
zmachine95

Post by zmachine95 »

thanks you so much... i have installed transmission in my synology nas, but how can i install this fantastic interface? i can't locate web folder since it's hidden.. i must use ssh? what are the command to see the folder or transfer the files in the nas?
jdamner

Post by jdamner »

This should be taken into the main project. It's functional and simple. Just what's needed. The author here deserves a lot of credit and a free beer or two!! I understand how daunting taking on a task like this is and you've done a stellar job.

I read someone comment on needing work on the iPad - it's almost perfect, except the bottom buttons (turtle and settings) could do with moving up around 12px in landscape mode. When I get some free time I'll have a play around and see what I can do and share my results, as long as you have no objection.

And I may have a solution to your lack of iPad to test with - not a free iPad sorry. You can download Xcode from the App Store on OS X and included there's an iPad Simulator. Might not be 100% but it's half way there…

You've done an awesome job, so big thanks. :D
shirtlessbill

Post by shirtlessbill »

Exceptional. Smart workaround to the app store ban on torrent apps. its sleek, fits with the UI of the OS, and powerful.

Good Work and thank you
Exp

Post by Exp »

whiskas, thank you so much for taking over this project, I just love it!
Exp

Post by Exp »

whiskas, it would be really nice if you could add these following options to the MichielDor mod. Perhaps call it version 2 (advanced). :P

1: Ability to force start a waiting download
2: Ability to set the cue order of waiting downloads
3: Ability to delete torrent and data
amrmagdyyy

Post by amrmagdyyy »

Hey man I have been using Version 2 for almost a 10 month now .. and its fantastic... Thank you for your work man and keep on the great work and I'm really waiting for Version 3 and you will kick it, as always man Thanks A Lot