Download location

Discussion of the Web Interface for Transmission, formerly known as Clutch. This applies to all version of Transmission
Arathonk

Download location

Post by Arathonk »

Hey guys,

I have a Xtreamer Prodigy mediaplayer with its own HDD,
It had the function for Transmission with webinterface,
I used that, no problem, worked like a charm.
But can i change the donwload location out of the Transmision map?
He download to:
/tmp/transmission_link/Downloads
But i wnat him to download to a specific map.
On my HDD there is the map Amedia and Transmission,
He now downloads to transmission then downloads,
But i want him to download to Amedia then Series and so on,
Is that possible?
rb07

Re: Download location

Post by rb07 »

Arathonk wrote:Transmission with webinterface
The "webinterface" (called Web client) has a Preferences button (in the bottom, 2nd from left), which has the download location setting.
mique

Post by mique »

I have something similar that I need help with. This is my first post and I am no expert at this stuff. I have a WD My Book Live with Transmission loaded.
I have a NAS drive that my files are copied to.
Everything has been working fine for a very long time until I unplugged my WD My Book Live, moved it physically on re connected to same network. Now, I can load a torrent file using the web interface and see it downloading and completing, but I can not find the file on the NAS drive anywhere? I have set the download location like this "\\MYBOOKLIVE\Public\Shared Videos"
Can anyone help guide me through what I need to do to correct the problem I am having.

Thanks in advance.

UPDATE I have solved the problem, I had the file location same as before however the spelling used lower case letters which was different from before, but still the same name! So there was a conflict when viewing in windows explorer but after rebooting PC and renaming one of the folders I am back in business.
Hope this may help others if in same situation.
Arathonk

Post by Arathonk »

x190 wrote:https://trac.transmissionbt.com/wiki/Ed ... dLocations

Note: The client should be closed before making changes, otherwise settings will be reverted to it's previous state.

download-dir: String (default = default locations)
incomplete-dir: String (default = default locations) Directory to keep files in until torrent is complete.
incomplete-dir-enabled: Boolean (default = false) When enabled, new torrents will download the files to incomplete-dir. When complete, the files will be moved to download-dir.
I dont understand a thing about this?
What is it?
rb07 wrote:
Arathonk wrote:Transmission with webinterface
The "webinterface" (called Web client) has a Preferences button (in the bottom, 2nd from left), which has the download location setting.
I cant, there is no option for a map, just a line wit a location like i said.
rb07

Post by rb07 »

Arathonk wrote:there is no option for a map
Your original message is not clear.

There is no map option in stock Transmission. There is one if you install a modification: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=15699 (support for any 3rd party modification/extension shouldn't be in this forum).
Arathonk

Post by Arathonk »

I dont know how to install it?
There is no discription on how to use that,
I did tryd it once, with Tampermonkey but nothing happend to the Transmission page,
rb07

Post by rb07 »

You said you already were using it... if you have problems with that modification, ask its creator (as I said, 3rd party modifications/apps/whatever should have their own support channel -- I don't use that modification so I can't really answer any question about it)...

Its probably trivial, if it does not have instructions on a README file, then the most obvious way is to replace Transmission's files with the same name, add anything new (and all this carries the usual disclaimer: we are not responsible for whatever good or bad happens, if the mod steals your private information, converts your server into a bot, etc. you are responsible for that -- see why you shouldn't ask questions about 3rd party stuff?).
adrian_vg

Post by adrian_vg »

x190 wrote:https://trac.transmissionbt.com/wiki/Ed ... dLocations

Note: The client should be closed before making changes, otherwise settings will be reverted to it's previous state.

download-dir: String (default = default locations)
incomplete-dir: String (default = default locations) Directory to keep files in until torrent is complete.
incomplete-dir-enabled: Boolean (default = false) When enabled, new torrents will download the files to incomplete-dir. When complete, the files will be moved to download-dir.
Nice! Thanks for the hint! It would help in a completion-moving strategy.

Went to try it out, and set the variables as below (after stopping the daemon):

"download-dir": "/home/transmission/done",
"incomplete-dir": "/home/transmission/incomplete",
"incomplete-dir-enabled": true,

However when I set these dirs, and add some new torrents, the downloads still start in /home/transmission/done.
As I understood it, the downloads should start in /home/downloads/incomplete, and when done be moved to /home/transmission/done, right?

Any ideas why they start in ..done anyway?
adrian_vg

Post by adrian_vg »

x190 wrote:You may be editing the wrong file or it may have permissions problems. Check your log file.
Huh? Will do. Thanks for the perms' pointer.

It shouldn't be the wrong file though, as the speeds and time schedules I set are honoured.