Read Error

Discussion of the Web Interface for Transmission, formerly known as Clutch. This applies to all version of Transmission
BillMan

Read Error

Post by BillMan »

I keep getting an error every time it tries to download torrents.
It works for about 100k and than just quits.
Download dir is //downloads, but I don't know where this DIR is located?

I have this installed on my router and the hard drive is connected by USB.
How do I want the download DIR location to be? It shouldn't be //Downloads I am guessing?
BillMan

Re: Read Error

Post by BillMan »

I fixed my problem. I have not found one solution in the forms for this problem at all? What gives?

Anyways, when using DD-wrt. for the download location. you need to change "//Downloads" to /mnt/sda1/__________ and you can keep adding /_______/______/______ to go into folders.

but you got to have the /mnt/____ there

You can not download or install outside of a mounted drive.

So downloading and/or installing transmission in /mnt does not work. It resets the router and drive, and deletes all information outside of the mounted drive.

I think this is something very useful to put on the homepage for people using this installed on there routers
cfpp2p

Re: Read Error

Post by cfpp2p »

I'm very glad :) that you've finally got this fixed!!! We've had communications problems in the past although I tried to provide you with the needed information to solve the problem. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15854#p68145

That post and one other, if I remember correctly, pertained to what you yourself 8-) have just solved. If you could go back to your other two posts and put the solution there that would be great.