Web interface verifies data on random downloads

Discussion of the Web Interface for Transmission, formerly known as Clutch. This applies to all version of Transmission
Mark2000

Web interface verifies data on random downloads

Post by Mark2000 »

I'm running Transmission on a Mac with Mavericks 10.9.5. I've got the latest version of everything. About two versions ago I started getting a weird behavior when putting in a link for download. Transmission wants to verify the local data even though there is not local data to check yet. It's a crawling process that takes 10 minutes just to get to 1%. If I delete the item I can sometimes resend the link and it downloads fine. Many times deleting a link causes a crash. Any resolution? Know bug? If bug, how can I report it? Thanks!
Exp

Re: Web interface verifies data on random downloads

Post by Exp »

x190 wrote:Go to Command-I (Get Info) for Transmission.app and disable App Nap.
Omg, I thought I was going crazy. Thanks for this great info.
Mark2000

Post by Mark2000 »

Thank you. Looks like that's working. Weird that it's happening only in the last few versions. I've been running it on Mavericks for a year now without this issue.
Mark2000

Post by Mark2000 »

Nope, spoke too soon. I just added and removed a torrent three times, getting the verifying data status each time. I had to screen share and restart transmission to make it stop. This is making the web interface unusable for me. Its got to be a bug.