ARM 5 : Transmission 2.8 speed limiting per task

Discussion of the Web Interface for Transmission, formerly known as Clutch. This applies to all version of Transmission
Roxy

ARM 5 : Transmission 2.8 speed limiting per task

Post by Roxy »

Hello, using ARM 5 and Transmission 2.8

Are there any hidden options for setting download speed per torrent/job?
If not, I'll stick with Transmission Remote GUI, but as mentioned in my support thread, ever since using the remote GUI, I get connection failed errors with Transmission.
rb07

Re: ARM 5 : Transmission 2.8 speed limiting per task

Post by rb07 »

Roxy wrote:Are there any hidden options for setting download speed per torrent/job?
Not hidden, very visible but you failed to mention what are you using to try to set those limits...

The Web client? That one has no way to set options.

transmission-remote? Yep, option --downlimit.

Transmission-Qt with a remote session? Yep, on each torrent's options.

3rd party tool (like Transmission Remote GUI)? Ask them.
killemov

Post by killemov »

The Shift web UI allows you to change ALL settings available in the RPC specification.
Roxy

Post by Roxy »

Thank you both I will check them out.
For Shift in particular, is there a way to set the TRANSMISSION_WEB_HOME environment variable via the files on the device itself or does this need to be done over SSH and a command line?

I looked in the Transmission Daemon folder for files that would use that entry and saw none.
rb07

Post by rb07 »

There's also Kettu : viewtopic.php?f=8&t=16421 (another Web client to be used by the daemon instead of the original -- with support for setting individual speed limits, and most options).
a way to set the TRANSMISSION_WEB_HOME environment variable via the files on the device itself or does this need to be done over SSH and a command line?
You don't need to set that variable (but if you want to set it, the best place is in the start-up script, which means you have access to it).

To change Web clients you don't have to stop the daemon, what I just did to test Kettu does involve ssh access:

Code: Select all

ssh <my_user>@<my_NAS>
$ find /opt/share -type d -name transmission
$ cd share/transmission/
$ mv web web.orig
$ git clone https://github.com/endor/kettu.git
$ ln -s kettu web
There's many ways to "install", I chose cloning the project with Git because that allows me to update with a simple command (git pull).
Roxy

Post by Roxy »

Super thanks. I'll check it out.
Either way, these have all been better than the standard!