Slow upload speed on seeds

Discussion of the Web Interface for Transmission, formerly known as Clutch. This applies to all version of Transmission
Justin

Slow upload speed on seeds

Post by Justin »

Hello! Just wanted to say, sorry for this question, I know it may seem simple but I am very new to torrents and don't know where else to look, after my google searches have brought up nothing.

Currently, I'm running Transmission 2.77 (14031) on my Lenovo IX2 NAS. However, my problem/question is about the upload speed of torrents. I have a full fiber internet connection, and I have 50Mbps upload. However, whenever I am seeding a torrent, my upload never exceeds more than 200 kB/s... do torrents just work this way? Does only a little bit of the file get transmitted? I checked all my settings, and I am certain that all upload caps are set to "Unlimited". I want to make sure that I am uploading at peak efficiency.

If this is just how torrents work, then sorry for the dumb question. If they don't, please let me know what I am doing wrong? All ports are open and all settings are set to unlimited. :(
teacup

Re: Slow upload speed on seeds

Post by teacup »

Same Problem till now, much slower than qBittorrent, more stable though