Unable to Desect Files

Discussion of the Web Interface for Transmission, formerly known as Clutch. This applies to all version of Transmission
DanielDC88

Unable to Desect Files

Post by DanielDC88 »

Hello,

I have transmission v1.0 on a D-Link Sharecentre DNS-340L and can only access it using the web UI. I am downloading a large torrent, but I only want certain files. I double-click on the torrent in the web UI, which brings up the control pane on the right-hand side of the page. I then click on the files tab on the far right and this gives me a tree of all the files in the torrent. I deselect the ones I do not wish to download.

The problem is that when I reload the page or go back into that menu after a few minutes, all the files are checked again. I used to get this kind of behaviour on Deluge when accessing a daemon over the Internet, but in this case I am on the same LAN as the D-Link Sharecentre.

One more thing to note is that it appears that the first item I unchecked upon discovering this feature has successfully been deselected, but the others keep selecting again.

Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
DanielDC88

Re: Unable to Desect Files

Post by DanielDC88 »

Hello, and thank you for the reply! :D

I would look at the log, but I'm afraid I do not have command line access to the D-Link Sharecentre DNS-340L, nor can I browse its system files. I tried to connect using TransmissionQT, but so far I have only had success using the web interface and an iPhone app which doesn't give any access to settings.

I acquired Transmission using the addon centre, but have just updated it to 2.84 using this.

Thanks again!