Default Sorting in WebUI

Discussion of the Web Interface for Transmission, formerly known as Clutch. This applies to all version of Transmission
mrchrister

Default Sorting in WebUI

Post by mrchrister »

Hey guys I have some automated torrents and would like to check what was most recently downloaded. Unfortunately, I'm not able to use the wrench on my Android tablet or my iPhone to change the default sorting to 'Sort by Age'. The button doesn't show on iPhone and on Android it doesn't activate when pushed.
I was trying to find this setting in the JavaScript files but I'm not sure where to look?
Could somebody help me switch the default sorting in Transmission to Sort by Age?
killemov

Re: Default Sorting in WebUI

Post by killemov »

You could try Shift and take a look at Shift@GitHub where you'll find instructions on how to make the doneDate property visible in the web UI.
mrchrister

Post by mrchrister »

I actually did try shift but ended up with the same issue of not being able to change the sorting
mike.dld
Transmission Developer

Post by mike.dld »

If you could try 2.90 or later version, it includes changes to web UI that may help you with menu issues on Android (as long as you see the button to call the menu). It's not necessary to update the daemon, you could grab just the web directory from current nightly archive (https://build.transmissionbt.com/job/tr ... sfulBuild/) and replace (but remember to backup) the one you have locally (somewhere in /usr/share I presume).
killemov

Post by killemov »

mrchrister wrote:I actually did try shift but ended up with the same issue of not being able to change the sorting
You must mean "default sorting" for sure because you can sort almost every column in Shift by clicking on the header.

Did you find the instructions on the Github page? You need to manually add some configuration for doneDate (=ETA) first to show and update that field because Shift does not display that field out of the box. The instructions for adding doneDate are right there. After you have done that you need to move the "defaultOrder: false" property from percentDone to doneDate. Taadaa! 5 minutes work tops. 8-)
mrchrister

Post by mrchrister »

thanks for your reply killemov! i appreciate all the hard work you have done to create shift! i still find it strange that there is no way to have the gear icon displayed on an iphone even when re uesting the desktop site. any idea how to modify the default webui to have it display?