Destination folder error

Discussion of the Web Interface for Transmission, formerly known as Clutch. This applies to all version of Transmission
ulehi

Destination folder error

Post by ulehi »

Hi all,

I'm new to Transmission and, although I've searched the forum for an answer, I couldn't find it. Sorry if the question is trivial or if it has been answered before.

I have the transmission service running in LibreElec on a Raspberry Pi, and I've added magnet links through the web interface (firefox/windows) with no problem. Then, within the service configuration I've changed the folders (incoming, watch and destination) to a network share, apparently with no problems (the paths changed from /storage/downloads... to something like smb://user:password@IP_address:/folder1/folder2...).

I have restarted the RPi and then, when I go to the web interface to add a magnet link, I can see the smb://... bit already filled. But when I click on upload I get an error message:

Error adding "magnet:.....": download directory path is not absolute

Is not possible to use a network path like smb://...? My SD card is very small, and I'd like to have the torrents downloaded outside the RPi.

Thanks for your your help!