Adding torrent remotely using RPC

Discussion of the Web Interface for Transmission, formerly known as Clutch. This applies to all version of Transmission
BoKKeR

Adding torrent remotely using RPC

Post by BoKKeR »

hey I am trying to add transmission to my torrent program. I need a way to add torrents remotely, in any form, magnet or file. the torrent-add method suggests that I need to have a torrent file on the server locally to be able to add it to transmission. I see no way to upload the file. no way to add only magnet link. am I missing something or its just not possible
killemov

Re: Adding torrent remotely using RPC

Post by killemov »

It's not that simple, but yeah you are missing something.
https://github.com/killemov/Shift/blob/ ... t.js#L2848
BoKKeR

Post by BoKKeR »

x190 wrote:Older info, but might be useful?

https://blog.flo.cx/2011/02/how-to-open ... one-click/
thats more of a workaround. there should be a api call that could take magnet or torrent. Its not that big of a deal I dont get why its missing
killemov

Post by killemov »

IT is not missing. You are missing something. The current rpc-spec allows for both torrents and magnets to be uploaded. Shift was the first web-client to use the FileReader api to read the torrent dropped onto the page and encode it and send it over the normal rpc connection. The Transmission team then copied this way of doing it. The OLD way was to post the data to a separate upload link.
BoKKeR

Post by BoKKeR »

I managed to get the content of the .torrent added after I base64 encoded it with "torrent-add", "metainfo" but I cant get the the torrent added with a magnet link at all. I tried "filename" with utf8 and base64
BoKKeR

Post by BoKKeR »

yes that method worked with uTorrent but I had to escape the magnet link, here it dosent work I can try to utf8 encode it or base64 but it still wont work :/ I will look trough the code on the github tho thx
VoXqWBqQME6WtI

Post by VoXqWBqQME6WtI »

viewtopic.php?p=67122#p67122

Check if my python magnet upload script will help somehow.
BoKKeR

Post by BoKKeR »

Thanks it did solve my problem. thanks for the help :)