web UI loads but shows no torrents

Discussion of the Web Interface for Transmission, formerly known as Clutch. This applies to all version of Transmission
Statick

web UI loads but shows no torrents

Post by Statick »

Just installed transmission 2.92 on windows 10, and trying to set up the remote stuff

when I connect to the web UI url, the page loads correctly and looks like a transmission client. I can click the buttons on it and it all looks like it's behaving correctly. however there are no torrents listed and the network traffic shown is 0kbps both ways. in the actual client, there is a torrent running, and the network traffic is several mbps each way, but this isn't appearing in the web client. I'm connecting to the web UI from the same machine using the localhost url, the default port, and no authentication or IP address restriction, and the fact that the page loads at all suggests my connection settings are okay.

I've tried both the 2.92 build and the latest nightly build, it's the same for both. I've disabled my firewall for now as well, and that doesn't seem to have helped either.

any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
mike.dld
Transmission Developer

Re: web UI loads but shows no torrents

Post by mike.dld »

Did you install both the Qt client and the daemon? If this is the case, it could well be that what you see in the web UI is what the daemon reports, and what you see in Qt client is... well, a separate set of torrents, as the Qt client and the daemon have different configuration directories and thus different settings.json files and so on.