transmission gets broken all the time

Discussion of the Web Interface for Transmission, formerly known as Clutch. This applies to all version of Transmission
lmvlong

transmission gets broken all the time

Post by lmvlong »

I have transmission running in a router box so I use the web interface. And it keeps breaking.

* It broke a few days ago. It wasn't downloading anything. I uninstalled and reinstalled. Then I restored all my configuration files. And it didn't work.

I added a torrent to transmission that runs in my desktop machine. The download began immediately. I added the same torrent to transmission in the remote machine. Nothing. Dead.

I eventually discovered (don't remember how) that my old settings.json file was causing it. No idea why. But I reinstalled with a new settings file and transmission came back to life. The old settings file kills it again.

* So it was working, but the "Queued for Download" thing was annoying me, I never asked for this, so I googled and found that I could disable it in the settings file. I edited it, restarted transmission and... here we go, it's dead again. This time I had a backup copy of a clean settings file, but it didn't work.

So I uninstalled and reinstalled transmission again. I added a torrent to transmission that runs in my desktop machine. The download began immediately. I added the same torrent to transmission in the remote machine. Still dead. I don't know why.

Something very delicate here keeps breaking.

QUESTION: is there anything at all that I can do to debug and diagnose this problem?
killemov

Re: transmission gets broken all the time

Post by killemov »

If by "router box" you mean an actual commercial router then the file-system is usually read-only and you need to flash software or configuration files onto the flash memory. It could be that you were writing stuff on a ram-disk, which is reset after a reboot.
cfpp2p

Re: transmission gets broken all the time

Post by cfpp2p »

I have transmission running in a router box so I use the web interface. And it keeps breaking.
Available packages (maintained)
transmissiondcfp fork
transmission-cfp fork
transmission official
transmission-daemon official

This is an Optware fork. It targets to be firmware-independent and currently supports hard-float ARMv7, I686, PowerPC 603e and soft-float ARMv5, ARMv7 EABI, MIPSEL and PowerPC e500v2 targets.
https://github.com/Optware/Optware-ng

Ultimate repo for embedded devices
https://github.com/Entware/Entware