WebUI does not connect to transmission

Discussion of the Web Interface for Transmission, formerly known as Clutch. This applies to all version of Transmission
MEMEs

WebUI does not connect to transmission

Post by MEMEs »

Hi there everyone,

I have a very weird problem, i have transmission installed on my raspberry pi. I have enabled the web interface and can access it over the internet. However when i add torrents via the web interface the torrents are all stuck on the 'downloading metadata' step, nothing happens. When i then try to check if the torrents are added to transmission on the GUI in a virtual desktop, i see that the torrents are not added there. When I add a torrent to transmission on the GUI on my desktop the torrent is added and it starts to download. If i then check back in the webUI I cant see the torrents there.

So apparently there is no connection between the webUI and my transmission GUI on the raspberry pi. The weird thing is that I do see a transmission interface and can even add torrents, to there is traffic going but no user-specific data such as torrent files.

I have forwarded both ports in my router for transmission, port 9091 for the web interface and a different port for the traffic.

One thing that does strike me that the settings i make in the json file using SSH don't seem to reflect the setting i make in the GUI of transmission. Shouldn't these two be connected? Even after a full reboot the files do not seem to match.

Additionally, transmission GUI always sais that my traffic port is blocked, which could also be a sign in the direction of the answer possibly.

Can anyone please help me figure out what the problem is ?

Thank you in advance.
MEMEs

Re: WebUI does not connect to transmission

Post by MEMEs »

Okay small update, apparently the torrent links are sent to the raspberry pi. If i open the web interface on the pi i see the torrent. However, the torrent is not showing up in the transmission GUI
killemov

Re: WebUI does not connect to transmission

Post by killemov »

So my guess is that you are running two transmission instances when you think you are running one. Possibly even on two machines. Does your router have transmission on board? Or do you use actual virtual machines?