Transferring downloaded torrents to a different drive and bittorent client

Discussion of the Web Interface for Transmission, formerly known as Clutch. This applies to all version of Transmission
Kotosif

Transferring downloaded torrents to a different drive and bittorent client

Post by Kotosif »

Hi there,

In the past I have used Vuze to download the torrents to my home Windows PC, and have been seeding it from there.

Now I want to move the torrents over to a external HDD, so I can connect it to a different machine with low space and seed from there. The new machine is running Linux and is headless, so I've set it up to use the Transmission web interface client.

Using the web interface, I loaded up the .torrent file, and set the download location to the folder in my external HDD where the files are located. However I can't seem to get Transmission to check that the files are already downloaded. It thinks nothing is downloaded and tries to continue downloading.

Any ideas how I can force it to perform a check?
killemov

Re: Transferring downloaded torrents to a different drive and bittorent client

Post by killemov »

Kotosif wrote:Using the web interface, I loaded up the .torrent file, and set the download location to the folder in my external HDD where the files are located.
I prefer to use symbolic links instead.
Kotosif wrote:Any ideas how I can force it to perform a check?
Check / verify should be right there in the context menu. However, if you just moved the files to another drive no checking would be needed unless you wanted to verify the move itself. :shock: