Issue with VPN and Web Interface

Discussion of the Web Interface for Transmission, formerly known as Clutch. This applies to all version of Transmission
ChrispyChris

Issue with VPN and Web Interface

Post by ChrispyChris »

Hey guys,
I've been working on configuring this web interface and am struggling with something. When I connect to my VPN, which is ExpressVPN, I lose the ability to hit the web interface from outside the LAN. I have tried hitting the external IP address that my computer gets from the VPN with the port I set up, to no avail. I also added an alias on first my wireless interface with the alias pointing at the tunnel address, and then tried the reverse, adding the wireless interface address as an alias to my tunnel interface. Nothing so far has allowed me to hit the web interface after I connect to the VPN.

However, if I am not using the VPN, I can use the interface from anywhere with my phone, but this defeats the purpose for me. I want to be sitting behind a VPN while I torrent. Does anyone have any suggestions? I would really appreciate the help, this has been driving me nuts haha. I'm running Ubuntu, by the way.