Transmission web ui reverse proxy with IIS

Discussion of the Web Interface for Transmission, formerly known as Clutch. This applies to all version of Transmission
ketosketos

Transmission web ui reverse proxy with IIS

Post by ketosketos »

Hi,
Has anyone attempted to create a reverse proxy for Transmission web ui with IIS. I've been trying to do so for a couple of days, and so far I've only managed to get a white static web page which seems like the transmission web ui without the buttons and functions. Any support is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
killemov

Re: Transmission web ui reverse proxy with IIS

Post by killemov »

On IIS ... okay ... [Insert joke about rocket science here]

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/friis/ ... orld-apps/

Note that the trailing slash for your Transmission URL is important. Have you checked the HTML source code of the blank page you got? Clear the browser cache clear to make sure you're not looking at remnants from a previous configuration.
ketosketos

Post by ketosketos »

Thanks, it worked :) I had been following an irrelevant guide :) Can you point me in the direction that I could go to get an email once a download is done? :) I'm using docker and the docker compose file and plan to use a gmail account and the gmail smtp server, if any of these details are relevant. :)
killemov

Post by killemov »

Currently the only way to do that is with a script. I think you need to create a .bat file to do that on Windows and configure that in Transmission. Any particular reason to run Dockerized Transmission?
Soapm

Post by Soapm »

Transmission has an android app that can notify you when files complete.