Transmissionic Web Interface

Discussion of the Web Interface for Transmission, formerly known as Clutch. This applies to all version of Transmission
6c65726f79

Re: Transmissionic Web Interface

Post by 6c65726f79 »

qq_patriot wrote: ↑Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:16 pm By the way, it's me started russian translation, but I'm too lazy to finish it 😊 Probably a little bit later
No problem there's no hurry 😊 Thanks for the big part you've already done, this is awesome!
yopnono

Post by yopnono »

Well I going to be a pain in the ***
Why have the config file in a .json format that don't allow comments?

Why have a update check, that you can not select for yourself? put it In a config file
Also why have the "icons" embedded in the app.xxxx file and not for them self.

I also found links to microphone and camera? in the files?
6c65726f79

Post by 6c65726f79 »

yopnono wrote: ↑Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:08 pm Well I going to be a pain in the ***
No problem, this is totally legitimate to care about the code you run on your computer, I'll try to answer all your questions.
yopnono wrote: ↑Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:08 pm Why have the config file in a .json format that don't allow comments?
This app is developed in JavaScript, so JSON is the best option for data storage. Do you really need to put comments in this file ?
yopnono wrote: ↑Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:08 pm Why have a update check, that you can not select for yourself? put it In a config file
Updates checks are done via GitHub so there is no data collection, but I can add an option to disable them if you want.
yopnono wrote: ↑Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:08 pm Also why have the "icons" embedded in the app.xxxx file and not for them self.
I'm not sure to understand this question, but all ressources are bundled into .JS files by webpack, this is how Vue.js works.
yopnono wrote: ↑Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:08 pm I also found links to microphone and camera? in the files?
If you're talking about the AndroidManifest.xml file, there were mentions of camera permission, but it was disabled, and I removed it in the last version.
yopnono

Post by yopnono »

Well if you like to explain all setting in the .json config file like this; set the time out xx the does that etc,etc

It most be better to have the img/icon in a separate directory?

# timeout set the timeout for the ser
# the use bit is for...
# the expandmenu is for.. etcetc

this is .json file not good for.

{
"timeout":120,
"useBits":0,
"expandMenu":0
}

And I talking about the webUI for transmission
6c65726f79

Post by 6c65726f79 »

yopnono wrote: ↑Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:06 pm Well if you like to explain all setting in the .json config file like this; set the time out xx the does that etc,etc
I don't think this is a an essential feature, you can simply create a file called definition.txt next to the JSON file to discribe all settings.
yopnono wrote: ↑Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:06 pm It most be better to have the img/icon in a separate directory?
All images are already in separate files, the other icons are SVGs from Ionicons, so they're not really images.
yopnono wrote: ↑Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:06 pm And I talking about the webUI for transmission
Ok, in both case there's no use of the microphone or the camera whatsoever.
qq_patriot

Post by qq_patriot »

yopnono wrote: ↑Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:06 pm Well if you like to explain all setting in the .json config file like this; set the time out xx the does that etc,etc
This description is not really needed due to all settings is self-explanatory. As author said, you can just put file with description in the root folder in case you really need it.
6c65726f79 wrote: ↑Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:55 pm Updates checks are done via GitHub so there is no data collection, but I can add an option to disable them if you want
This is good idea to have option to disable update checks. Personally I don't like some side effect functionality.
yopnono

Post by yopnono »

Well. if you only download the webui and use it for the original transmission daemon therr is no readme file to explain that.
I have put a .txt file in the root folder.

The base64 embedded in the app-xxx file is the img i'm talking about. Noting major. but that and all translation are embedded in the same file makes it larger and heavier every time.
I think it better to keep stuff light/slimmed down

And in ex: chunk-vendos there are link for ex: pwa-camera-modal? and "ClipboardWrite"]="clipboard-write",e["Microphone"]="microphone"} "Geolocation"]="geolocation" ect.etc
Are they used for something?
6c65726f79

Post by 6c65726f79 »

qq_patriot wrote: ↑Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:25 am This is good idea to have option to disable update checks. Personally I don't like some side effect functionality.
Ok I totally understand, I'll add an option to disable them.
yopnono wrote: ↑Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:48 am The base64 embedded in the app-xxx file is the img i'm talking about. Noting major. but that and all translation are embedded in the same file makes it larger and heavier every time.
I think it better to keep stuff light/slimmed down
Ok I see, you're right, but like I said, webpack make it hard to have separate files as it bundle everything into JS files to improve loading time. But I will try to move the translations into separate files to load them dynamically.
yopnono wrote: ↑Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:48 am And in ex: chunk-vendos there are link for ex: pwa-camera-modal? and "ClipboardWrite"]="clipboard-write",e["Microphone"]="microphone"} "Geolocation"]="geolocation" ect.etc
Are they used for something?
Everything that's in chunk-vendors are third-party modules. Those are simply UI elements from Ionic's pwa-elements, I use it to display toast messages.
If I wanted to use the microphone or geolocation, your browser would ask you the permission, because you have to authorize it manually.
6c65726f79

Post by 6c65726f79 »

Here is the new version : https://github.com/6c65726f79/Transmiss ... tag/v1.1.5

This fix everything that has been mentioned:
  • Server names are no longer mandatory
  • Translation files are only loaded when needed
  • Images have been removed from the app JS file
  • Automatic updates have been disabled and replaced by a button
yopnono

Post by yopnono »

Absolutely great work. Just some another non issues.
How about a button for update block list manually, and the nr of the updated list number? ( like update list have 354896 in the blocklist/ after update etc,etc)
Also if possible to add/change Authentication from the webUI? and using the original transmissionbt daemon?
yopnono

Post by yopnono »

Have you tried to contact the creator/maintainer of the transmission bittorrent ?
To maybe add this in/or version of it to the mainstream?
6c65726f79

Post by 6c65726f79 »

yopnono wrote: ↑Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:25 pm How about a button for update block list manually, and the nr of the updated list number? ( like update list have 354896 in the blocklist/ after update etc,etc)
I'm not sure if it's possible to refresh the blocklist from the Web UI, but I will take a look and try to add this feature, great suggestion.
yopnono wrote: ↑Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:25 pm Also if possible to add/change Authentication from the webUI? and using the original transmissionbt daemon?
For which use case do you need this?
If you're talking about storing your credentials in the Web UI, it's possible, but for security reason it's not recommended to save credentials in the browser's LocalStorage. And you still have to enter your credentials to access the Web UI, so it's not very useful.
yopnono wrote: ↑Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:28 pm Have you tried to contact the creator/maintainer of the transmission bittorrent ?
To maybe add this in/or version of it to the mainstream?
I don't think they plan to change the default Web UI for Transmission, and my Web UI is still a very young project that needs a lot of improvement, but your suggestion is flattering!
yopnono

Post by yopnono »

The original and other webui can update the Blocklist.'

If there is an option for add /set the user/pass why not use it? Not so save it to the browser only, save it to server setting. Update the daemon setting file.
6c65726f79

Post by 6c65726f79 »

yopnono wrote: ↑Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:54 pm The original and other webui can update the Blocklist.'
Perfect, so it won't be too hard to add this feature.
yopnono wrote: ↑Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:54 pm If there is an option for add /set the user/pass why not use it? Not so save it to the browser only, save it to server setting. Update the daemon setting file.
No it's not possible to change the username/password from the Web UI, you have to do it from Transmission.
6c65726f79

Post by 6c65726f79 »

The new version is here : https://github.com/6c65726f79/Transmiss ... tag/v1.1.7

You can now update the blocklist and see its size, with some new features.