Transmissionic Web Interface

Discussion of the Web Interface for Transmission, formerly known as Clutch. This applies to all version of Transmission
6c65726f79

Transmissionic Web Interface

Post by 6c65726f79 »

Hi everyone,

I would like to present you my new Web UI called Transmissionic, which behaves exactly like a native app but can be installed and used like any other Web UI.

It include all the most requested features such as :
  • Light/dark theme mode
  • View peers country flags
  • Display speed in bits/s or bytes/s
  • Rename and move files from Web UI
I'm hoping to have some feedback to improve it as it's an early version.

You can find all the information on GitHub : https://github.com/6c65726f79/Transmissionic

Here are some screenshots on Android and iOS :

Image Image
laikexpert

Re: Transmissionic Web Interface

Post by laikexpert »

Your project looks great.

P.S.
Is there a possibility that you do redesign
Transmission interface for Windows 10 ?

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=20666
yopnono

Post by yopnono »

Looks great.
But unable to add and start a magnet torrent link by adding the hash.
It say invalid link.
Also the left side column is static and quite wide, would be nice, if it was possible to adjust it/hide it when using a pc browser.
Or have a mobile menu style.

//y
6c65726f79

Post by 6c65726f79 »

Thank you for your feedback, this is much appreciated.

I'll add these features in the next update. For the hash it will be very easy, but for the left menu I need to check what's possible to do.
6c65726f79

Post by 6c65726f79 »

yopnono wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:32 pm Looks great.
But unable to add and start a magnet torrent link by adding the hash.
It say invalid link.
Also the left side column is static and quite wide, would be nice, if it was possible to adjust it/hide it when using a pc browser.
Or have a mobile menu style.

//y
I've added your suggestions and some other changes in the version 1.1.0 : https://github.com/6c65726f79/Transmiss ... tag/v1.1.0

Enjoy :)
yopnono

Post by yopnono »

I recommend everyone to give it a test :)
yopnono

Post by yopnono »

One thing that I found, is that you might should set default timeout higher than 5 sec.
If you use a user/password to access the webui, 5 sec is kind of short ;)

This in the setting ( Connection timeout (seconds) )
6c65726f79

Post by 6c65726f79 »

yopnono wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:17 pm One thing that I found, is that you might should set default timeout higher than 5 sec.
If you use a user/password to access the webui, 5 sec is kind of short ;)

This in the setting ( Connection timeout (seconds) )
This option doesn't apply when loading the web UI, this only affects the connection between the web UI and the RPC server.
So you have all the time you want to enter your login information, this part is managed by Transmission.

Thank you anyway for your interest in the project!
yopnono

Post by yopnono »

Ok. but if I set the timeout to ex 300sec. I will not get a timeout from the webui after login, if using pass/user.
But if using the default 5sec i need to refresh/reload the webui. After login.
yopnono

Post by yopnono »

It might have something to do with that I'm not using you client? I only using the webui of yours to access the original transmissionbt server.
6c65726f79

Post by 6c65726f79 »

yopnono wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:10 am Ok. but if I set the timeout to ex 300sec. I will not get a timeout from the webui after login, if using pass/user.
But if using the default 5sec i need to refresh/reload the webui. After login.
Ok I see the problem, thanks for the details. This is a weird behavior from web browsers, I'm not sure I can do anything about that, but I will set the timeout to 10 seconds by default.
yopnono wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:22 am It might have something to do with that I'm not using you client? I only using the webui of yours to access the original transmissionbt server.
Yes this bug only occurs on the webui, as the creditentials can be stored when using a native app.
qq_patriot

Post by qq_patriot »

Probably this is the best web UI I've ever seen - it is small, fast, functional and very nice looking. Is there any default settings file, which I can change before deploying to web folder on device?

Update. Found default settings in app.c02148a8.js, starting with colorScheme:"default". Can you please put those values in some separate file in the next version (without obfuscation)? It would be helpful to tweak those settings once for all devices.
6c65726f79

Post by 6c65726f79 »

qq_patriot wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:02 pm Probably this is the best web UI I've ever seen - it is small, fast, functional and very nice looking.
Thank you very mush!
qq_patriot wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:02 pm Update. Found default settings in app.c02148a8.js, starting with colorScheme:"default". Can you please put those values in some separate file in the next version (without obfuscation)? It would be helpful to tweak those settings once for all devices.
Good idea, I hadn't thought about that.
I'll try to make this as simple as possible, probably with an optional JSON file in the root folder.
I'll keep you in touch.
6c65726f79

Post by 6c65726f79 »

Here is the new version : https://github.com/6c65726f79/Transmiss ... tag/v1.1.2

You can now overwrite the default settings by creating a file called "default.json" next to the "index.html" file.
For example if you want the dark color scheme to be used by default, you can put this in the file :

Code: Select all

{
	"colorScheme":"dark"
}
More details can be found here : https://github.com/6c65726f79/Transmissionic#web-ui-1

Hope you enjoy it :)
qq_patriot

Post by qq_patriot »

Just tried new version - this is exactly what I wanted, thanks!

By the way, it's me started russian translation, but I'm too lazy to finish it 😊 Probably a little bit later