Web interface bug in transmission-3.00+-r07d385cf44-x64 (Windows)

Discussion of the Web Interface for Transmission, formerly known as Clutch. This applies to all version of Transmission
close

Web interface bug in transmission-3.00+-r07d385cf44-x64 (Windows)

Post by close »

Hi all.

I noticed a bug in the latest web interface for transmission-3.00+-r07d385cf44-x64.msi build for Windows. After manually configuring the TRANSMISSION_WEB_HOME variable to point to the correct folder the web interface loads properly.

Adding any kind of magnet link will trigger an error: "Error adding "magnet:?xt=urn:btih: [...]". The torrent is added though and appears to download as expected.

The second bug is that the torrent cannot be removed from the list from the web interface. Only delete and trash data works.

This was present in earlier builds but unfortunately I don't have any at hand to test. Any known workaround? In the meantime I'm using a build from 2020 which is the last that I have and works - transmission-3.00+-r7e1da2d8fe-x64.
killemov

Re: Web interface bug in transmission-3.00+-r07d385cf44-x64 (Windows)

Post by killemov »

Which browser?
It appears to be an annoyance with a bad error message. Suppressing an exception or even returning "true" somewhere might be the solution.
Your removal issue is especially weird as technically the only difference is sending a "true" instead of "false" for trashing the data.