Internet explorer support for clutch?

Discussion of the Web Interface for Transmission, formerly known as Clutch. This applies to all version of Transmission
ambipur

Re: Internet explorer support for clutch?

Post by ambipur »

Hello!

I have made the modifications you have mentioned about transmission.js and ie6.css, but nothing happened. I have restarted Transmission client, but under IE 6.0 I get the same, unusable sight which i had before the modification. Any idea? Have you tried your modification? Does it work for you? Thanks!
fingaz

Post by fingaz »

FYI and not a direct fix; ive attempted to have a cron job run which outputs the data from transmission-remote -l to a text file, then format the document into a more webpage friendly fashion using the following (PS i have a seperate webserver app setup to allow access to /shares/internal/);

Code: Select all

#!/bin/sh
rm -rf /tmp/torrents.txt
rm -rf /shares/internal/torrent-status.html
tranmission-remote -l >> /tmp/torrents.txt
sed 's/$'"/<br> /" /tmp/torrents.txt > /shares/internal/torrent-status.html
echo "<br><br>" >> /shares/internal/torrent-status.html
echo "Last Updated At:" >> /shares/internal/torrent-status.html
date >> /shares/internal/torrent-status.html
It provides very basic info, with no upload feature etc, and also a have an issue with it.
When run as a script (./torrentweb.sh) it works fine.
When run as a root cron job all it gives me is the date/time of when the script was last run- missing all the torrent info?

Whats the chances of implementing a feature like this, or an alternate page that feeds ssh commands directly to the daemon? (And outputs preferably to a tidier table :D )
I'd have a look, but pretty swamped at work atm :) If anyone can make a recommendation of outputting to a table or sending commands to shell/telnet easily then give me a shout and i'll have a nose!

FingAZ
fingaz

Post by fingaz »

An alternative Plan B - which again i can't quite get to work lol;

add transmission.cgi with the following contents-

Code: Select all

#!/bin/sh
TIME=$(date)
TORRENTS=$(transmission-remote -l | sed 's/$'"/<br> /")
echo "Content-type: text/html"
echo ""
echo "Last Updated: $TIME"
echo "<br><br>"
echo "$TORRENTS"
I don't know whether the fault is with my websever or something else :)
Any ideas? From that i could build on FTP upload/CGI forms to perform other tasks like removing torrents etc etc?
Once complete, all that needs to be done is tell the original clutch interface to redirect to this page when IE is detected.

FingAZ
Squeek

Post by Squeek »

I've applied the ie6/ie7 patches to a couple of different versions from 1.4 to the most recent 1.50 final, it works really well and allows me to control all functions at least 'passably' from my locked down ie6 machine at work - great. There's only one 'artifact' which I find annoying, which is that the filename and data totals (everything above the progress bar) on alternate rows (the light blue ones) of torrent details 'disappears', and likewise if rows are highlighted (dark blue) this info is invisible - anyone have any suggestions on fixing this? I couldn't immediately spot it in the small list of 'known issues with this patch' mentioned earlier in this thread....
ambipur

Post by ambipur »

Hello Squeek! I'm glad to hear that the modifications are working for you. But what did you exactly? Have you followed the suggestion of user j5osx, or the method suggested by users hawkman and BioHazard? Thanks a lot!
Squeek

Post by Squeek »

ambipur wrote:Hello Squeek! I'm glad to hear that the modifications are working for you. But what did you exactly? Have you followed the suggestion of user j5osx, or the method suggested by users hawkman and BioHazard? Thanks a lot!
Sorry, didn't make that very clear did I?! I'm using the approach suggested by j5osx in here, and detailed in Trac ticket 1602
ambipur

Post by ambipur »

Hi! Since my last post I've discovered that my lighttpd was not running. I've reinstalled and reconfigured it. Today I've tried to access from my place of work the web interface of Transmission. The modifications you've mentioned are working! Big thank to j5osx and you! :P
Squeek

Post by Squeek »

Squeek wrote:I've applied the ie6/ie7 patches to a couple of different versions from 1.4 to the most recent 1.50 final, it works really well and allows me to control all functions at least 'passably' from my locked down ie6 machine at work - great. There's only one 'artifact' which I find annoying, which is that the filename and data totals (everything above the progress bar) on alternate rows (the light blue ones) of torrent details 'disappears', and likewise if rows are highlighted (dark blue) this info is invisible - anyone have any suggestions on fixing this? I couldn't immediately spot it in the small list of 'known issues with this patch' mentioned earlier in this thread....
can anyone else confirm this behaviour in IE6, or is my box doing something wierd?!
DaveF1

Post by DaveF1 »

Squeak - I see the same as you - I'm running 1.51+ (8013) from svn & ie 6.0.2900.
The light blue alternate rows and highlighted (dark blue) rows have no title or remaining time shown, although they do show the speed and progress bar.
Also the settings menu is garbled (see the picture in the other thread on Opera). It looks OK in Firefox....
IE6.JPG
IE6.JPG (31.42 KiB) Viewed 11514 times
Squeek

Post by Squeek »

Glad I'm not the only one! It's not exactly a show stopper, but I don't have it in me to pick apart exactly why it's happening!

Oh, and I do get a garbled settings menu, but I think this is expected/an outstanding known issue, as covered by the original comments for this mod:

Preferences menu displays incorrectly (doubled menus, width wrong)
Inspector position is off (not below the filter, shows above torrent list)
"Footer" bar with preferences menu is not in a "fixed" position and torrent list
Torrent list uses browser scrolling, not DIV scrolling
PNG transparency is not addressed
Torrent list width is off (box model problems)
Download/upload speed arrows repeating vertically (slightly visible)
DaveF1

Post by DaveF1 »

It's not a problem for me either - although if these modifications have now been incorporated into the build then they'll need some tweaking...
Squeek

Post by Squeek »

They're present, as-is, from 1.51 onwards. Better than nothing - I'm thrilled I can actually start and stop stuff from my locked-down work PC now - but as you say, could probably do with another pass to see if these outstanding issues can be resolved. That said, it looks like the ticket has been re-opened anyway due to a possible Opera bug that has been introduced?
j5osx

Post by j5osx »

Thanks for the bug reports. I'll try to get a few minutes to work on this some more now that it has been integrated into the official build. I stopped working on it when I was told it would not be included because the WebUIT was getting a complete overhaul (and started helping with the overhaul!). For the moment I need to get to bed. It's been a long day already.
Squeek

Post by Squeek »

j5osx wrote:Thanks for the bug reports. I'll try to get a few minutes to work on this some more now that it has been integrated into the official build. I stopped working on it when I was told it would not be included because the WebUIT was getting a complete overhaul (and started helping with the overhaul!). For the moment I need to get to bed. It's been a long day already.
Many thanks - much appreciated, it really has been a massive help - I run a Networked Media Tank which originally had transmission and btpd, but the latest firmware removed btpd support, leaving me with no way of adding, monitoring or stopping torrents from my IE-based work PC. Your mods allowed me to keep the latest firmware - without them I'd have probably rolled back to an old version that included btpd by now!

Thanks again!

Edit: If you do get chance to look at it, might also be worth looking at http://forum.transmissionbt.com/viewtop ... f=8&t=7193 - looks like the IE fixes have caused a bit of an issue for Opera users, but there's a fix detailed here
j5osx

Post by j5osx »

Some of the known issues and reported bugs have been at least partially addressed in new ie6.css and ie7.css files which are attached to trac 1602:

http://trac.transmissionbt.com/ticket/1602

Please feel free to implement these new css files and let me know how they work for you and what issues you still experience which are not simply cosmetic (like some flickering that occurs in the menus and the lack of transparency of the buttons/images in IE6).