My Windows client to Clutch

Discussion of the Web Interface for Transmission, formerly known as Clutch. This applies to all version of Transmission
ajf88

My Windows client to Clutch

Post by ajf88 »

Edit: This project no longer exists as a client to clutch, since transmission has a RPC interface as standard now. It is now called transmission-remote-dotnet

http://code.google.com/p/transmission-remote-dotnet/
Hi everyone. I think Clutch is a great web client, but I prefer applications for things I use so much :) That's why I've made use of the backend clutch provides to write a Windows client using C# and .NET.

If anyone likes the look of it I'll release it complete with source in a few days or so, after I've made sure there aren't any more bugs (it seems quite stable now!).

It supports pause, resume, uploading multiple torrents, modifying and saving remote and local settings, HTTP authentication and shows pretty much all the information clutch does. I think it supports proxies but I've not tested this.

Cheers,
Alan
Last edited by ajf88 on Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Waldorf

Post by Waldorf »

Thats really cool, for those poor soles still having to use M$ Windows ;).

I assume you based your work on the current release code of 1.20? The rpc code's been rewritten with tons of cool new features. The developers are looking for 'early adopters'/users of the new code/protocol. Maybe you want to have a look at the transmission-remote command-line interface to directly communicate with T?

Good luck!
ajf88

Post by ajf88 »

I just upgraded to the latest version of clutch and transmission and had to make a few minor changes, now it works fine :) I could have used the cli but I think the API clutch provides via HTTP is faster and more efficient over the internet, as well as working through firewalls.
neonkoala

Post by neonkoala »

For the uber lazy like me, is this application capable of being used as the default program for ".torrent" file extensions so that when I download I can just open it and have it upload to clutch? If not this would be a great feature!
ajf88

Post by ajf88 »

That's an awesome idea! I don't know why I didn't think of it myself. I'll try adding that sometime soon.

Also, I think it's ready for release so finally here's the link. Would've been done sooner but I've been moving house.

http://users.aber.ac.uk/anf6/projects/transmission/

It works on my laptop and my girlfriends computer but I haven't tested it anywhere else so for all I know it could completely fall on its face anywhere else :P

UPDATE: As per the suggestion above, the latest version works as a handler for .torrent files, but only if an instance is already started and connected.
neonkoala

Post by neonkoala »

Impressive, works a treat with my home server. Using Vista for the client and Debian for my server.
elbruno

Re: My Windows client to Clutch

Post by elbruno »

that's seems to be so cool !!!
can you post a download link ??

thanks in advance
ajf88

Re: My Windows client to Clutch

Post by ajf88 »

This is a pretty old thread you've revived :) Since this thread was started, an RPC for transmission has been implemented. This means this project is no longer a client to Clutch as it used to be.

It's been improved in many ways, and has a completely new/improved UI.

http://code.google.com/p/transmission-remote-dotnet/