Feature Request: Scheduler & Auto Stop

Discussion of the Web Interface for Transmission, formerly known as Clutch. This applies to all version of Transmission
spinanicky

Feature Request: Scheduler & Auto Stop

Post by spinanicky »

Hi,

Was wondering whether it would be possible to implement the scheduler (ie only download between certain times) on the webui. Also to implement the feature that once the seed ratio has reached a certain percentage the the torrent stops seeding.

I am fairly advanced in php so if someone wants to point me in the right direction I am more than happy to give it a shot myself.

Regards,
Nicky
j5osx

Re: Feature Request: Scheduler & Auto Stop

Post by j5osx »

The WebUI works via JSON. If the calls for the scheduler are implemented in the JSON RPC protocol that the daemon runs, they can be added to the WebUI. The WebUI is built using OO-javascript doing AJAJ (like ajax but talking JSON on the wire)... there's no web-based server-side programming (since you mention PHP).

The RPC spec is here: http://trac.transmissionbt.com/browser/ ... c-spec.txt

The WebUI is undergoing a full rebuild right now by duncanbeevers. I'm trying to help out some, as well.

To get the feature yourself and out to others "soon", you'd hack it onto the SVN branch at the trac, or implement it as a separate page/app/widget outside of the main WebUI. If you want to work on hacking the feature into the new rebuild, hop onto IRC freenode #transmission and message duncanbeevers, because the SVN for the rebuild is separate right now.
enriqueaf

Re: Feature Request: Scheduler & Auto Stop

Post by enriqueaf »

I don't know which OS are you using. But If you are using Linux or Unix, you can fix this very easily. You just need to create a cronjob making use of the command transmission-remote. It is very easy and powerfull more than if some develop something.

I hope this can help you. If you need any help about creating the cronjob just ask.
Enrique