How to display free drive space?

Discussion of the Web Interface for Transmission, formerly known as Clutch. This applies to all version of Transmission
iwarford

How to display free drive space?

Post by iwarford »

Is there an option in the current web interface (running 1.50-0ubuntu0~intrepid0~beta2 from the ppa) to display the remaining drive space?

I'm not at home, and it's irritating to have to ssh home "df -h | grep sdb1" when there shouldn't be any need to.
Slax-Dude

Re: How to display free drive space?

Post by Slax-Dude »

I would also like to see this option in the webGUI as it is troublesome to ssh to the transmission headless machine just to find out if I can add that 4GB torrent or not :roll:
Last edited by Slax-Dude on Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fschaeckermann

Post by fschaeckermann »

Since there is no server-side scripting possible with the transmission web interface, this function would have to be implemented as part of a JSON RPC call. Possibly the session-get method could return a download-dir-free-size or something along that line and only then one could augment the web interface to show that piece of data on the screen as well.

To my knowledge, with the current implementation there is no way to find out, how much space is left in the default download directory.

Regards, Frank

P.S. You could always get the code and add it yourself! *wink*
godsyn

Post by godsyn »

If your server supports PHP, you could use http://phpsysinfo.sourceforge.net/ . Granted it isn't integrated into the transmission webUI, but it displays the information requested.
Slax-Dude

Post by Slax-Dude »

godsyn wrote:If your server supports PHP, you could use http://phpsysinfo.sourceforge.net/ . Granted it isn't integrated into the transmission webUI, but it displays the information requested.
I already have a page on my server that tells me the available disk space, but I'd rather it was integrated into transmission's WebUI.

IMO transmission (libtransmission?) should have this feature already.
I mean... what happens when your HD is full? Does transmission not give an "your disk is full, can't download more stuff. sorry" error already?
godsyn

Post by godsyn »

Feel free to submit a request to trac, or a patch.
LIV2

Post by LIV2 »

Downgrade to 1.22.

1.22's clutch does display free space, it's faster (or at least has a smaller footprint and loads faster over the net), Clutch can actually be run under Apache without the need for mod_proxy, which speeds things up a great deal from what I've noticed.

I occasionally try out the latest releases then switch back, the devs have taken some steps backwards in a few ways.