iPhone interface problem

Discussion of the Web Interface for Transmission, formerly known as Clutch. This applies to all version of Transmission
payeco

iPhone interface problem

Post by payeco »

On the iPhone version of the web interface, the button to show only the paused torrents is out of alignment. It gets pushed off to a second line and overlaps the first torrent in your list. This issue first appeared in the web interface included in version 1.50. In version 1.42 it appeared normal.

Here is an image to illustrate what I mean.

duke_seb

Re: iPhone interface problem

Post by duke_seb »

Just to add to this.... this problem only appears in the portrait mode..... landscape seems fine
bee27

Post by bee27 »

Hi there,

I also noticed this problem the other day and found this thread. Earlier I had a dig around in the web interface source code.

I downloaded an old copy of 1.42, as payeco said there was no problem in that version. I compared the index.html files and noticed a new button was added to the toolbar - the Remove Data button. However, as seen in the screenshot above only 5 buttons were being displayed in portrait mode. This seemed to cause some issues with the width of the filter bar (All, Downloading, etc)

I fix the issue by editing a number of things in the web/stylesheet/iphone.css:

You can see the fixed interface below, showing all 6 buttons:

It works well in landscape mode too:

I also noticed that when running the web interface in full screen mode (i.e. by adding an icon to the home screen) that the footer bar wasnt in the right place as seen above.

I fixed this by adding the following code to the web/javascript/common.js file in the $(document).ready function:

Code: Select all

if (iPhone)
   if(window.navigator.standalone)
      // Fix min height for iPhone when run in full screen mode from home screen
      $('body div#torrent_container').css('min-height', '338px');
I tried to attach the edited files to this post, but it wont allow me to add attachments for some reason. I'll upload them somewhere and link to them later or try and figure out how to submit the changes to the project via trac.
bee27

Post by bee27 »

Gimp
Web Interface Developer

Post by Gimp »

Could you please submit a diff file to current trunk?

(Check out transmission's svn repository, then make your changes, then use "svn diff > patch.diff")
kidmidnight

Post by kidmidnight »

Quick question: Is an inspector going to be added to the iphone interface? Like double clicking a torrent brings it up, so you can change settings per torrent?