Opera browser problems

Discussion of the Web Interface for Transmission, formerly known as Clutch. This applies to all version of Transmission
Stalker (AKA Zver)

Opera browser problems

Post by Stalker (AKA Zver) »

I have trnsmissin-daemon with web interface v.1.51 on FreeBSD 7.1, installed from ports.

In Obera browser v.9.63 it is displayed without bugs, but web interface didnot respond on button clicks. The only think is working is menu, but i can't open preferances dialog.

I opend web UI in IE 6.0.2, in this browser it is possible to clic buttons, but munu looks wery strange :(
Attachments
000000.JPG
000000.JPG (18.2 KiB) Viewed 17917 times
Hau

Re: Opera browser problems

Post by Hau »

I'm having the same problem with IE7 and Opera 9.62. Actually, in opera it shows that there are no transfers, even though this is false. Also, in IE7 the transfers get completely mangled when you hit update.
I'm running transmission 1.51 on a linksys Nslu2 running uNSLUng linux.
Jordan
Transmission Developer

Post by Jordan »

Someone in the bug tracker claimed that this change is the culprit. However he also said "I suspect this patch to be the culprit... [but] I don't use Opera so I can't confirm".

Would it be possible for you to download nightly builds from right before this change, and right after, and test them both to confirm whether or not this is the problem?

Last nightly before the change:
http://transmission.xpjets.com/OLD/2009 ... -r7921.dmg

FIrst nightly after the change:
http://transmission.xpjets.com/OLD/2009 ... -r7927.dmg
Hau

Post by Hau »

Thanks for your reply, it's kind of hard for me to test this as I'm running transmission on a tiny ARM device (nslu2) and I depend on others to create so called optware packages for it to be installable. Then again, maybe I would only need to change a few files, but then I run into trouble as the nightly is given in .dmg format, which from what I gathered appears to be mac-specific?
Hopefully the OP can help you.

Edit: I realized you sent us to the mac-build, while we're not really helped by anything but the source tarballs. I found the nightly sources, but I could only see the latest 10. Anyway, it'll probably be easier for someone with ubuntu or macOS to figure this out, unless it's a platform specific issue.
j5osx

Post by j5osx »

I have tested with the two nightlies shown with Opera 9.5 and the change from .css("top") to .position().top does seem to be the culprit. The correct solution is to replace the jquery and/or dimensions plugin version in thew WebUI with one that does not have this error. In the meantime, a try/catch can be put around the offending call so that if the .position().top fails that the .css("top") call can be made.

I am too busy to submit the jquery updates to the trac but I will throw something up in the issue for a try/catch workaround

http://trac.transmissionbt.com/ticket/1602
Hau

Post by Hau »

Thanks a lot! I tried the workaround, and now it seems to work excellently in Opera. Still the same problems in IE7 though, but that doesn't bother me as long as it works in Opera.
Just to clarify the workaround procedure to anyone interested:
Find the file transmission.js in your installation, on my NAS it was located under
/opt/share/transmission/web/javascript/transmission.js .
In this file, find the "showFilter" function, and replace it with the following:

Code: Select all

showFilter: function( ) {
		var container_top;
		try {
		    container_top = parseInt($('#torrent_container').position().top) + $('#torrent_filter_bar').height() + 1;
		} catch (e) {
			container_top = parseInt($('#torrent_container').css("top")) + $('#torrent_filter_bar').height() + 1;
		}
		$('#torrent_container').css('top', container_top + 'px');
		$('#torrent_filter_bar').show();
		this.setPref( Prefs._ShowFilter, true );
	},
Also, a mandatory thank you to the developers for making an application that runs so smoothly even on a shitty 32MB memory NAS.
j5osx

Post by j5osx »

As I said in the IE support thread now that my patch is in the official build I will try to do some work on improving the IE support of the existing version of the WebUI.
Jordan
Transmission Developer

Post by Jordan »

I've upgrade the version of jquery in svn. Now I need testers to give it a spin -- either from a mac binary or source code tarball -- on Opera and IE...
DaveF1

Post by DaveF1 »

FWIW - svn 8036 still has the same issue with web interface in IE6 - I can't test IE7 or Opera at the moment (Opera doesn't have socks proxy support :wink: ).

Something seems to have broken when using Transmission-Remote-Gui or -Dotnet, I get Access violation or similar when I click on a specific torrent.....

Dave

Transmission 1.51+ 8036 on NSLU2
LdK

Post by LdK »

DaveF1 wrote:FWIW - svn 8036 still has the same issue with web interface in IE6 - I can't test IE7 or Opera at the moment (Opera doesn't have socks proxy support :wink: ).

Something seems to have broken when using Transmission-Remote-Gui or -Dotnet, I get Access violation or similar when I click on a specific torrent.....

Dave

i get same error ...
any solution ?
j5osx

Post by j5osx »

testing 8407 OS X nightly and IE 7 support is broken. The issue is that the dimensions plugin is now part of jQuery core and should not be included. Including it is overwriting the core integrated functions with old incompatible versions.

Simply commenting out the incompatible versions is fixing IE7 basic display in my sanity check tests. Opera 9.5 OS X is also working as far as a quick sanity check. of the display of the torrent list and no errors thrown.
ajf88

Post by ajf88 »

The problem in transmission-remote-dotnet (and I assume -gui) is caused by http://trac.transmissionbt.com/changeset/8021 and is completely unrelated to this web interface issue.

Anyone using transmission-remote-dotnet with the svn version will need to overwrite their existing binary with this one:

http://transmission-remote-dotnet.googl ... Remote.exe

Hope this helps,
Alan (transmission-remote-dotnet maintainer)
DaveF1 wrote:FWIW - svn 8036 still has the same issue with web interface in IE6 - I can't test IE7 or Opera at the moment (Opera doesn't have socks proxy support :wink: ).

Dave

Jordan
Transmission Developer

Post by Jordan »

j5osx wrote:testing 8407 OS X nightly and IE 7 support is broken. The issue is that the dimensions plugin is now part of jQuery core and should not be included. Including it is overwriting the core integrated functions with old incompatible versions.

Simply commenting out the incompatible versions is fixing IE7 basic display in my sanity check tests. Opera 9.5 OS X is also working as far as a quick sanity check. of the display of the torrent list and no errors thrown.
Is it working in the nightlies now?
j5osx

Post by j5osx »

Let me grab the latest nightly and check. I am working on IE 7 bugs ATM.
j5osx

Post by j5osx »

Opera 9.5 works with nightly 8502 on OS X. The menu is squished but that's all I see with a quick sanity check (I suspect min-width: 78px is to blame and that it's been that way for a while)