Web interface just doesn't work, except from localhost

Discussion of the Web Interface for Transmission, formerly known as Clutch. This applies to all version of Transmission
WhyDoIHaveToRegister

Web interface just doesn't work, except from localhost

Post by WhyDoIHaveToRegister »

I can access the web interface from 127.0.0.1:9091 or 192.168.1.71:9091, and that looks alright. But when I try to access it from the Internet, using my actual IP address, it doesn't respond, even if I've put *.*.*.* under "allow" in the access list. I have forwarded the port in my router. I've also tried other ports. I'm hosting an HTTP server just fine already on this machine, so I know it's not being blocked.

When I try to change the settings it's very buggy. I can double-click an IP address and edit it... once. After that double-clicking the IP addresses does nothing until Transmission is restarted. I can add, remove, and change allow/deny but not edit the addresses. After adding/removing a few times or going through the tabs and then trying to edit, it crashes.

I'm using version 1.34 (6778) on Xubuntu 8.10 32-bit. No crash report or anything of the sort appears.

It also strikes me as a bit insecure, that the interface exposes itself as Transmission, doesn't seem to have any logging, and likely doesn't implement any brute-force prevention. :-/
livings124
Transmission Developer

Re: Web interface just doesn't work, except from localhost

Post by livings124 »

Update to 1.51. 1.34 is not supported.
WhyDoIHaveToRegister

Re: Web interface just doesn't work, except from localhost

Post by WhyDoIHaveToRegister »

Xubuntu doesn't seem to have anything past 1.34. :?