Immediate "Connection Failed" message after 1.61

Discussion of the Web Interface for Transmission, formerly known as Clutch. This applies to all version of Transmission
holeyshitballsbatman

Immediate "Connection Failed" message after 1.61

Post by holeyshitballsbatman »

I updated to 1.61 last night and today I can't access the web interface. I get a Connection Failed message, and when I click details I see this:
409: ConflictPlease add this header to your HTTP requests:X-Transmission-Session-Id: UG9xj9YXeAibkYWJHwgulbYfUh56HyMNbydfZycFO0LZsUrWRPC Application Developers:As of Transmission 1.53 and 1.61, RPC clients need to look for this 409 response containing the phrase "invalid session-id". It occurs when the request's X-Transmission-Session-Id header was missing (such as during bootstrapping) or expired. Either way, you can parse this response's headers for the new session-id.This requirement has been added to make CSRF attacks more difficult.

Did I do something wrong?

Thanks
KyleK

Re: Immediate "Connection Failed" message after 1.61

Post by KyleK »

Did you update the web interface files as well?
The way how to communicate with Transmission (either via web interface, or with a 3rd party application that uses RPC/JSON) changed slightly. All clients need to be updated to work with the new version. Transmission 1.61 includes those necessary updates for transmission-remote and the web interface.
holeyshitballsbatman

Hmm... no I didn't update anything else. Only the program when the notification that an update was available came up.

This morning I'm beginning to wonder if it's just the computer I'm trying to access it from. I tried Firefox, IE and Safari with the same error. On my iPhone, it works fine. Also in Safari on my mac at home (where another computer that is actually running transmission is located) it also works.
KyleK

Post by KyleK »

Maybe it's something in the cache, or the history of these browsers. Try to clear it.
holeyshitballsbatman

Hi,

I'm just revisiting this problem lately. I now have reinstalled Safari (now 4.0), firefox (now 3.0.11) and cleared IE's cache (IE6). Still getting the connection failed message. I only get it in this location (work). Think it might have something to do with the ISP or company firewall(or something of that nature)?

I have 2 different computers running transmission at different IPs. One is running 1.51 and I can connect to that one OK. The other is running 1.71 and I am getting the message from that one. Each is running on a PPC Mac Mini with 10.5 and all the latest updates.

Thanks for your suggestions
holeyshitballsbatman

OK, I think I'm just going to chalk this up to the network here at work. I brought my macbook in and get the same connection failed message. Anywhere outside the network seems to work fine.