Torrent-Upload Script for Linux/Mac OS X

Discussion of the Web Interface for Transmission, formerly known as Clutch. This applies to all version of Transmission
BELzEBUB

Torrent-Upload Script for Linux/Mac OS X

Post by BELzEBUB »

Since there is no Remote GUI for OS X and i haven't startet doing one at my own I made a script that scans a folder for torrents, upload them and delete them if no error was reported. I also made a wrapper gui for OS X so you didn't need to open up a terminal.

Setup
1. open the script
- for the wrapper gui go into the package and edit the file "Contents/Resources/script"
2. set all variables at the top of the script to match your transmission installation
3. download torrents to the set folder
4. run the script or wrapper gui

Download
Last edited by BELzEBUB on Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:36 pm, edited 4 times in total.
wartooth

Re: Torrent-Upload Script for Linux/Mac OS X

Post by wartooth »

Thanks heaps, that is exactly what I am after.

One thing though, the script didn't work on torrent filenames with spaces in them.

I have no idea about how to fix the script or exactly what it is doing, can someone help?
BELzEBUB

Post by BELzEBUB »

I fixed this yesterday but hadn't time to upload it. I will do this in about 2 or 3 hours.

EDIT:
uploaded new script.
theCrank

Post by theCrank »

Rapis share tells me, that the file may only be downloaded 10 times. What about pasting it into the wiki?
BELzEBUB

Post by BELzEBUB »

Reuploaded the scripts.
erlebnishengst

Post by erlebnishengst »

I just tried to get Firefox to add any magnet link I click to transmission running on a remote server. Since bt is quickly moving away from actual torrent files, this is the next logical step.

Anyone has a plan on how to do this? I tried writing an apple script or make automator execute a shell script, but since a magnet link is not a file, it doesn't quite work so far.
Nicode70

Post by Nicode70 »

hi Sorry for to be late to the party, but this is exactly the scrip i'm looking for. unfortunately the links seems to be outdated. Would anyone care to upload them again? thank you so much.
BELzEBUB

Post by BELzEBUB »

Nicode70 wrote:hi Sorry for to be late to the party, but this is exactly the scrip i'm looking for. unfortunately the links seems to be outdated. Would anyone care to upload them again? thank you so much.
I've uploaded the files again but no guarantee that they are still working with the current API.
Nicode70

Post by Nicode70 »

thank you very much. i get an error message: invalide or corrupt torrent file.
is there any possibility that you could update it to work with sierra and the current transmission api?
Nicode70

Post by Nicode70 »

could this be the result of openssl problems on my Mac mini?
BELzEBUB

Post by BELzEBUB »

Nicode70 wrote:thank you very much. i get an error message: invalide or corrupt torrent file.
is there any possibility that you could update it to work with sierra and the current transmission api?
Sorry, but I don't have time to check what needs to be changed.
Nicode70 wrote:could this be the result of openssl problems on my Mac mini?
I guess it's because you are trying a 7 years old script and the API has changed since then. :wink: