Unable to connect to the WebUI

Discussion of the Web Interface for Transmission, formerly known as Clutch. This applies to all version of Transmission
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:42 pm

Unable to connect to the WebUI

Postby misterdelle » Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:12 am

Hi guys,
I'm trying to use Transmission 1.76 (9395) on a Synology NAS DS-108J migrating from rTorrent/wTorrent because the lack of information/documentation... every time I try to apply something to the configuration of rTorrent as written in the (poor) manual nothing works.
I installed successfully Transmission 1.76 (9395) and I'm able to run it... I'm able to feed with .torrent files and he starts to download... and continue to seed everything is already downloaded.
The problem is with the WebUI.
I read that Clutch is now embedded in Trasmission but every time I try to connect to: (with Mozilla Firefox 3.5.4 under MS Seven, I tryed also with Internet Explorer 8.0) I get the following error:

Code: Select all

409: Conflict

Your request had an invalid session-id header.

To fix this, follow these steps:

   1. When reading a response, get its X-Transmission-Session-Id header and remember it
   2. Add the updated header to your outgoing requests
   3. When you get this 409 error message, resend your request with the updated header

This requirement has been added to help prevent CSRF attacks.

X-Transmission-Session-Id: SqJ2mEca87h6ZvKSlyBQeETKVLdEOYIsLv0s6CHF6usTiqgn

It seems to be a "problem" of the embedded http server.

What's the matter??? How can I solve this.
I saw that the Web Interface is very nice and seems to be very usable... but I would like to be able to reach it.
Hope someone will help me.

Mr. Andrea

Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:42 pm

Re: Unable to connect to the WebUI

Postby misterdelle » Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:22 pm

Follow up... Now it's working... I really don't know why, now I'm at may office, and I reach my home network through a proxy.
Mahhhh... I would like to understand what's happened.

Mr. Andrea

Posts: 1400
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:14 am

Re: Unable to connect to the WebUI

Postby rb07 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:22 am

Your URL was wrong.

The correct URL is

As you can see, you used a different port so, unless you changed it in transmission-daemon's configuration, you connected to something else (another service). You probably used the correct port while mapping your router to transmission, that's why it worked from outside.

There is another valid URL: which will redirect (or follow) to the one above. My guess is that you used this one when connecting from outside.

Now the strange thing is your URL has lighttpd on it, I just tested it and the daemon does reply with the 409 error... I've never seen this before, I didn't know it was there, probably the developers used lighttpd as a library and it does respond but nor really usable. One learns something new every day :o

Return to “Web Interface”