"Invalid Argument" and then download stops

Discussion of the Web Interface for Transmission, formerly known as Clutch. This applies to all version of Transmission
trumanbaltar

Re: "Invalid Argument" and then download stops

Post by trumanbaltar »

There's a ñ actually on the containing folder. Could it be it? Because the torrent downloads well on a Mac Transmission 2.82 on a FAT32 flash drive
rb07

Post by rb07 »

trumanbaltar wrote:There's a ñ actually on the containing folder.
Not a problem. Same goes for all foreign characters.

The only problem characters on a FAT32 file system are those shown in the link I gave you. Other than that, FAT32 also has file name size limits which are different, full path limit, file size limit.
trumanbaltar

Post by trumanbaltar »

Yeah, I'm not talking about a problem with the file system but on the way Transmission in Xbian handles the ñ.
That's the only thing I can think of.
rb07

Post by rb07 »

Transmission on anything uses UTF-8 as character encoding... except maybe on Mac, I don't know.

If your system can't handle UTF-8, then that could be the problem (and it could be the foreign character, or the exclamation). I don't know what Xbian is.

Instead of making hypothesis, why don't you just rename the file, or directory? (before the error happens, after is probably too late).
trumanbaltar

Post by trumanbaltar »

Instead of making hypothesis, why don't you just rename the file, or directory?
Because I don't know how to do that? Last time I checked it was not possible through the Web Interface.

Could you explain, please?
rb07

Post by rb07 »

trumanbaltar wrote:it was not possible through the Web Interface.
Still is not possible through the Web interface.

So do something else to prove that the FAT32 file system is the problem, for instance change the location to download in a different file system (I know, Xbian and Raspberry Pi, not exactly the best option).

Or use a remote client that can do file renaming, and connect to remote sessions (Transmission-Qt, or other 3rd party app).
trumanbaltar

Post by trumanbaltar »

Ok, I figured how.

Thanks to a marvelous tool called Transmission Remote GUI. Never ever going back to Web Interface.

And yes, the ñ is the problem. Regardless of the filesystem (tried on EXT3). Which leads me to my next question. Is there a way in transmission-daemon to automatically and systematically erase the ñ? I am adding the torrents from an RSS feed with a script.

Thanks again =)
rb07

Post by rb07 »

trumanbaltar wrote:Regardless of the filesystem (tried on EXT3).
Then the problem is your Xbian, Transmission in general doesn't have a problem with foreign characters.
trumanbaltar wrote:Is there a way in transmission-daemon to automatically and systematically erase the ñ?
No. Nobody else has that problem.
leopheard

Post by leopheard »

I'm still getting this error message on my Raspberry Pi when adding any .torrent file, has there been any sort of fix for this? I click okay and it still downloads, it's just annoying