Closed Port

Ask for help and report issues with the GTK+ version of Transmission
mgitz

Closed Port

Post by mgitz »

I'm running Debian (Lenny) 64 bit. I installed the new Transmission (V2.0.0) and am trying to configure it properly, but I'm having some problems.

When I hit the Test Port button, it always comes up closed. The private tracker that I am on always shows me as Not Connectable, even though it shows I have active torrents. The site shows Transmission as being supported. I've tried using canyouseeme.org as suggested, but it says that the connection times out to that port. I have Random Port on Startup and uPNP disabled. My router has a port forwarded, and has never been an issue. I used it with a windows machine and uTorrent until it died and I replaced it with this box. When I run a scan using nmap from another public IP address, it shows that port being open. When I try to telnet to that port from another network, it creates a connection, and when I close Transmission and try it, it times out. Netstat shows that port open also.

I have read the Port Closed wiki entry.

I am not sure what I might have missed, but I would appreciate any other suggestions, or tips on what I might try to get this working properly.